@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yess… I’ve been on a bit of a sci-fi kick lately, so here’s what I got in addition to those mentioned.
-Ender’s Game & Speaker for the Dead (the sequel) are my two favorite speculative fiction books of all time. There’s some language in both books, so if that concerns you, you probably want to stay clear of it, but the themes are…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m here! @dekreel @seekjustice @catwing @dragon-snapper @ingridrd
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice @jane-maree thanks, friends!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree YES!! *happily flails with you*
Both of them are amazing stories!!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Brandon Sanderson also has a series called Reckoners. I recommend them too.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t really read much sci-fi, but I just recently read The Giver, by Lois Lowry. It was really enjoyable. H. G. Wells and Jules Verne are always enjoyable and you might like Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles, I enjoy them as well (I’m up to the third book).
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dekreel *punches you in the shoulder* GO FOR IT!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I feel like they are, because they pop up over and over again. They’re a trope, but they aren’t an obnoxious one. You can do so many things to change them up and make them unique, that it becomes interesting again.
But yeah, just straight-up ‘this hero controls fire, this one ice’ is somewhat boring. There’s a seed of epicness…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese and
Daeus are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Welp, I’m signing off here. I edited the first part of the KPA (at least I think it’s the first part… *scratches head* *grimaces*) It was great to see you!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered … Just how many P&P movies are there?! It’s confusing me! XD
What’s your favorite TobyMac song? Mine is “Undeniable.” There was one time when that song made me cry. It’s SO good! X’)
You know what’s funny about TobyMac? Every time he publishes an album, it’s better than the last one. His first solo album, Momentum,…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Centurian's Wife in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Okay, I’ll have to keep going!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin The Girl Who Could See is on my book list! I’ll have to check into Replication too. I like Jill Williamson.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Definitely Out of the Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)! And if you want something in the YA genre as well, there’s the Girl Who Could See (Kara Swanson) and Replication (Jill Williamson)
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered I dunno, I just kind of picked it up *shrug*
TobyMac! *high five* He my favorite artist next to Hollyn and Swtchfoot!
I get Veggie Tales songs stuck in my head. It’s really annoying XP
Do you like soundtracks? My favorite soundtrack is called You, Me & Gravity. It’s for the new game Planet Coaster (which is a LOT like…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder @dekreel @sam-kowal @dragon-snapper Thank you, all!
-
Jenna Terese and
Skredder are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Sci-fi…. A Wrinkle in Time is great, along with Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis, and The Time Machine by H.G. Wells… also, I can’t forget this one: From the Earth to the Moon, by Jules Verne. Not really a futuristic sci-fi, more like a historical sci-fi, but it is really hilarious, and an amazing story about guns and space…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered *unsure of what to say* Um… You’re welcome! 😀
So I have heard rumors that you like music. I like it, too! What’s your favorite genre? Song? Instrument?
I like instrumental a LOT, and I have no idea what my favorite song is. My favorite LYRICAL song is “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. And my two favorite instruments…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Hello!! Glad you could join me! 😉
I’m excited about your new blog! I have it bookmarked
- Load More
