@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Snapper replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus @audrey-caylin Thanks for the awesome tips! I’ll try to do as many as I can! 😀
Now, about the email list…I don’t actually know how to make one of those. Either you know?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Thanks for the welcome! Glad we’re getting to know each other 😉
-
Jenna Terese changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@inkling-for-christ I’m not sure that fangirl automatically equals dreamer, but definitely dreaming is not irrational. I’d like to debate anyone who thought so. *roars*
I might come back here and rant about that sometime.
In the meantime though, I think that’s a cool story idea and if you need any help writing guys, I could help. Guys are not…[Read more]
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Hey! *waves* I meant to tell you: I got a blog! 😀
silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Do you/will you soon have an email list? You can build your platform entirely on your blog, but it just makes sense to have an email list along with your blog and an email list is a better way to sell things. Most importantly, and email list is permanent unless your followers unsubscribe. A blog follower is more likely to stick…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you know some songs that simply MUST be turned into stories.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
That’s a really good question! I think your blog will be a huge help with that. If you don’t have access to social media to help grow it, I’d suggest doing just what you’ve been doing — going around and commenting on blogs, leaving a link to yours in the comments. If you really engage with other bloggers, you’ll get more…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys! I know that KP has lots of articles on this, but some of the options of building a reader base aren’t open to me. Like social media. I can’t do much of that.
Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I can promote my blog and writing to build a reader base?
@daeus @aratrea @kate-flournoy @hope @audrey-caylin @rolena-hatfield…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Oooooooooooh, I like how you think! Then maybe the MC that’s part of the underground people could be lying to herself about the intentions about the Underground group, telling herself that they are actually good and different from the government, when they really aren’t. Writing what you said down…….😊
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d I love big draft horses too! Clydesdales are SO CUTE! I like Friesians too. They’re just gorgeousness! I ride a Friesian Quarter horse cross. His name is Tux. He’s so adorable and such a goof ball! I have to think twice about wearing a hoodie with draw strings around him ’cause he’ll want to play with the strings. I love ‘im though ❤
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder @dekreel @radically-surrendered Thank you for your advice, friends!
@mariposa Yeah, that just came to me this morning when I thought about the title, that it reminded me of the Civil War a bit too. I’ll keep working on other title options. Any ideas? It’s probably hard to think of any now since the plot is non-existent at the moment.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I know what you’re talking about in Revelations. I was thinking about that too, and I’ve seen it done in movies at least twice and maybe in a book too. Does that mean I should probably not do it?
@radically-surrendered Thank you! I’ll think about the chip thing, I think I’ve seen it done a few times already.
@sam-kowal I agree, I’ve…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, welcome back @ClaireC!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@princessfoo XD I agree 😀
I once thought about writing something with people who could control electrons in small amount and thus have power over the form of matter itself, but I haven’t gone any further with that
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy XD I guess you know you are a writer when you think about such things, too
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy 😀 XD XD Actually, me too. I come up with the craziest ideas, and there is so much to think about. I actually really irked my younger brother by telling him that what you see isn’t really everything around you, its actually just a picture of everything around you that is being built directly in your eyes… which is why some people…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree 😀 XD Okay. It’s set in the Kingdom Pen universe world right now, actually, like Legend of King Daeus and What Stan and I Did on Christmas….
I haven’t read the Rithmatist, yet, but I’m panting and drooling to. (I promise I’m not a dog though. I think.) One of my friends has a copy and is reading it… so I’m waiting for them to…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I like doing hair, but somehow my hair doesn’t seem to corporate (which is probably why I resorted to short hair 😅). I used to make jewelry, but I haven’t had much time for that lately. 😢  And I love making cards (as you’ve probably already guessed)!
Aw, thank you! 😊 It means a lot to mean that you looked at my blog and that made A…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 The Underground sounds very exciting and it looks like it has a lot of potential, especially if you put in some interesting plot twists. The title makes me think of the Civil War though.
I like the idea, but I still vote for 3 and 4. 🙂
- Load More
