@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-mare Oooh, thank you so much! I was thinking of buying the Hunger Games series and the Mission League books. I actually just ordered book 1 of the Out of Time series, so that’s on it’s way! (yaaaaay! *throws confetti*) Sadly though, I bought Counted Worthy several months back, but after my dad looked into it and read reviews, there was…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine @waterlily
Well, my fangirls, I have some questions for you. These are mostly moral and theme questions, I think, so hopefully they make sense. if they don’t just let me know and I’ll try to rephrase them.
Sapphire: okay….well…*stops to scratch head*. In our day and age, teen girls who have kids are not as frowned…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet!! (HAHA I SAID IT FIRST!). Sorry. *coughs* *straightens jacket*
Well, where do we begin! I’m homeschooled too (currently in my last year though), what kind of books do you read? Do you have a current writing project? Where abouts in the world are you from?
Also, what kind of dog is an…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks… *awkwardly trails off*.
I’m glad you weren’t  (overly) traumatized by my story. I aim not to utterly destroy my readers ( just my characters *sinister chuckling*)
But seriously, thank you. It means so much.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
That happened to me once but I just googled how to restore unsaved changes or something like that and found instructions on how to get it back! It worked too and I was so pleased!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh thank you! I’m so happy that you enjoyed it!
Thank you, that means so much to me 🙂 I did my absolute best to make the ending hopeful and not too depressing because I hate depressing books (I don’t like Romeo and Juliet either. It’s overly melodramatic and depressing in my view)
I sing a lot too. I mean why talk when…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic false gods… in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
ooh, this is a cool idea. Tough question, too, so let’s see if I can explain my view on it.
In truth, I think all you really need to do is look at the Bible–specifically, the Old Testament. Many books in the Old Testament deal with false gods, idolatry, etc, but all for the purpose of showing the tension between God’s chosen people, the…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Cliche? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm No, I don’t think that’s too cliche, although its definitely been used before.
It’s a great way to quickly and accurately send a message (from a relatively short distance). A funny way to subvert that would be to have the person shooting the bow be a horrible shot, and miss, and then either have to walk over to the arrow and…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Thanks.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Ah, thanks! 🙂 The archer one was really hard to do, but I love how it turned out. 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine They’re not irrelevant, but having things about his street life pop up in his mind mostly when things in the scenes remind him of that life, and only things relevant to that moment, would help to organize his narration more.
I think readers will learn about why he acts the way he does simply by learning about what kind of person he…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Sure! Do you have certain things you like to draw? People? Animals? Chibis? If you want you can post some of your artwork too. I’m going to too, once I figure out a few technical problems….
-
Daeus replied to the topic false gods… in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia Oooh. This is a really cool question.
There are a lot of approaches you could take with this. Most importantly, I think you need to think outside the box. Maybe that means reading more widely within the fantasy genre for inspiration. It definitely means asking yourself what if questions.
One suggestion is to make God an antagonist for a…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Currently reading my history book
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jessi-rae Thank you! 😀
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Cliche? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Nope, I wouldn’t say that’s cliché. Actually, I think it’s cool.
*disappears in a poof of smoke*
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Cliche? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey Jackson,
Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a movie in which something along those lines occurs, so I’m not sure if it’s cliche, exactly, nor am I sure that it’s at all practical–although, I don’t know what you’re writing this for, or the world it takes place in, so that’s not for me to say.
Short answer…no, in my opinion, it’s not cliche.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I actually really this style of writing! That casualness of it…. I also agree with what Dekreel said.
Could I critique it in Goggle docs too?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
‘ello @livgiordano did you get this all figured out?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey @skredder! Sounds like an intriguing idea you’ve got here! I’d tell you to go for it, but it looks like you’ve already got all the help you’ll need. 😉
- Load More
