@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Ohhhh, I hate that!
Sometimes, for me, I finish drawing the body, but the head is too big, so I make it smaller. But that means I have to make the neck longer, and it ends up being like a giraffe! ARGH!
I think that happened when I was drawing my current profile picture, actually XD
Thanks! Yes, mine often end up small, too.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m making notes for characters in the KPA and I have some specific questions. If you don’t want to be in the KPA, you don’t have to answer these questions
For those of you who are new, I’m writing a story about us crazy people/creatures/aliens. It’s code named “KeePer Adventure,” or KPA
@waterlily Do you want to be a mermaid?
@skredder Do y…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel No, I mean if I have to re-draw the head (because the neck is “attached” to the body), sometimes I don’t draw it on in the right place and it’s not centred or something.
Oh, that’s some really good advice. 😀 I should do more eye practise. My other problem is I make my drawings so small, it’s often hard to do details like that.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Yeah? Well I have written NOTHING so far! XD
Then again it hasn’t been an hour XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths You mean the neck is always bent…?
I discovered that if you want to make your characters more expressive, focus on the eyes. The eyelids, the shape, the pupils, the eyebrows, everything. For example, I discovered that if you want your character to look excited, happy, or even scared, the pupils need to be fairly small, and they…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Probably. I’d just move the face though, if everything else about the head is all right. Oftentimes the neck doesn’t like up right on the head. XD I’m also not very good at profiles, though I’m working on that, and I don’t think my characters are as expressive as they could be. 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder @aislinn-mollisong @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @jane-maree @seekjustice @anyone
I’m writing. Hopefully. I might get distracted. Again… X)
Congrats, Aislinn! Hooray for inspiration! *high five*
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths That happens with me, too. Do you ever have to adjust the chin or jaw because it doesn’t line up with the nose or mouth? I have to do that all the time!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Oh yeah, I usually do the head first too, to get a general idea of the size, but because my proportions are usually off, the head size usually ends up changing.
@sarah-anson That is how I’d like to draw my manga. How do you do that?? 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail I get ya. Ugh, school.
I’ve played piano for 8 years and over the past year have been trying to teach myself guitar. That’s going so-so, ’cause I can never remember to practice.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
First, I love your profile pic! Are you a horse lover?!
I see you’ve already got some good advice and seem to know what you’re doing, but I thought I’d give some input, if you don’t mind that is😊….When I’m outlining, I usually don’t think about chapters until I have the book mapped out the way I want it. I’ve heard of some experts…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey @naomijackson,
I’m not really sure what you’re asking here, but I’ll answer two things-
One: I try to give each of my chapters a word count consistent with that of my other chapters, but if a chapter is a few hundred words shorter than the others, I don’t sweat it. Any amount of changes can happen based on how I feel about the chapter by the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@naomijackson I don’t think it’s best to just insert chapter breaks wherever there is a cliffhanger. You want chapters to be fairly similar in length with just a handfull of short and long ones thrown in there. I believe writing chapter breaks in the first draft helps me craft nice chapter breaks and more cliffhangers because I’m planning for the…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily 🙂 Looks like you already got some great advice, but I’d say, if you actually don’t naturally add them, go ahead and just do what you’re doing.
I actually haven’t even thought of not adding chapter breaks, I usually have it at least roughly planned in my mind where things will be divided up.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Oohhh… I wish to read this novel.
Here’s one I just made for a character in the third book of my trilogy. He’s eight.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Still Embers. But I have made PROGRESS!
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@everyone all of the above.
@dekreel Yes. He’s become my “rational” side. Either him or Aislinn27.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@GracieGirl Coolness.
YES I love Mere Christianity. *flails* I’m glad you’re reading it. Have you read The Screwtape Letters too?
I’m reading a true WWII rescue account called The Forgotten 500 right now. It’s pretty cool. In the fiction realm, one of the things I’ve read recently which I liked quite a bit was the Mysterious Benedict Society…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Oh, and here you can find a chart of the Doctor Who seasons overall. It’s under “Series overview”
And here is a list of the names of all the Doctors since the chart only gives you their ordinal number:
- First Doctor — William Hartnell
- Second Doctor — Patrick Troughton
- Third Doctor — Jon Pertwee  (recommended for c…
- Load More
