@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Once upon a time, I was on duty with St John Ambulance (basically sitting around waiting for someone to fall off a horse and break an arm), and while I was on duty, I was finishing up my Stars Fill Infinity outline and character charts (I believe I was writing the chart for Sean Darcy). The guy on duty with me asked if I was working…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Awe, those are great! 😀
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper I think I recognize the symptoms of a tired creative 😉 Meaning, your mind is doesn’t have the energy for writing, which makes cranking out the words and getting connected to the story REALLY hard.
So…I’d say step away for a little bit if you can. Go do something else creative that you love, like music or drawing. Or just sit…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 @kaya-young @perfectfifths @notawriter
Here is a better example of my manga/cartoon blend style. I usually just draw profiles. The girl with the hat is my favorite 🙂

-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Ranking Up? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@princessfoo Your WIP sounds cool. I’ve heard the portal thing is a little cliche, but I really like the idea. 😉I’m sure you can turn that cliche on its head and make it unique though👍
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine OH, SPANISH MOSS!!! Yes, that is gorgeously mysterious!
@princessfoo Heheh, that’s funny. I can totally imagine that happening to me.
@mariposa Yeah I think I’ve gotten the “How you gonna pay the bills?” question at least once.
Funny the mistakes we make in writing…..Thank goodness for editing………i guess. 🤔
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper I feel your pain! Maybe you just need to step away from the novel for a few days and literally not think about it ONE BIT. Then you might feel more refreshed coming back to it. What seems to snap me out of writer’s block pretty consistently is listening to music for the scene I’m stuck on. that really gets me in the mood. Maybe…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Before the Sunrise – Missionary Kid Realistic Fiction in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 I read it and made some tweaks to it. I really love it!! 😀
-
Keleigha Liess replied to the topic Can anyone proof my film sript? Please? in the forum Film 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I redid it. Here is the entire script:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E0sy1mLG6ViQBCtxCTU5oGImTTDKnQ2l/view?usp=sharing 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper *heavy sigh*
-
Joy started the topic "The Canterbury Tales…" and Other Stuff by Chaucer in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Seriously?! Chaucer is among the most beloved and most fascinating writers of all time, and no one has made a topic about him?!
So far, I have only read the Knight’s Tale (a story from The Canterbury Tales) for school, but I have to admit, it is an amazing poem. It’s so full of depth and truth for the Middle Ages. It’s one of the best things I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
*gives person business card* “Here. This way I can send you a prompt, civilized introduction to my novel.”
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel See Nick’s face. That’s me. HAHA!
*melts chair*
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Here.
“I’m so SHINY!”
“I’m a rumor weed. A tiny little story is all I need…”
“Cause he loves you cheeseburger, with all his heart. And there ain’t nothing ever going to tear you two apart. And if the world totally ran out of cheese, he would get down on his hands and knees. And he would wipe it up for you. WIPE IT UP FOR YOU. CLE…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper ARGH! DON’T GET ME STARTED! NoOoOoOoOoOo……

BTW your Insurrection typography is AWESOME 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Random social stranger at a random social function: “Oh, you write books? Cool! What’s your book about?”
Me, randomly trying to function socially: *stilted grin and shivering, nervous laugh* “Here, let me… let me…” *digs out notebook with a triumphant flourish* “I wrote it down!”
XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy And now it’s working. Weird. But I’ll still take that chocolate.
Oh yeah. I would love it if someone said something — not “What’s your book about?” — to “Here’s my email so you can send me the book.” XD But of course…I’d rather not give my email to random strangers.
No thanks.
Yeah. Definitely need more practice. “Hi, mirror.…[Read more]
- Load More



**