@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d I’ve actually had the same problem before. I get really attached to my babies….
Anyway, is she not able to save any parts of the story at all? Maybe brainstorm some more to make it where she’ll like it? If not, then I think putting them in another story should be okay, though I think it should probably be in the same genre as they were…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I love all of your quotes!❤👍
@mariposa I like Charles Spurgeon too. Have you read his morning and evening devotional book?
-
Jenna Terese started the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t think this is the right place to ask this question, because it’s really for KP staff (maybe I should’ve sent an email?), but here goes anyway.
I was trying to access KP from my tablet, but unlike my laptop, it doesn’t remember my log in info because I never had it do that before. I had my password written on a piece of paper and I typed…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Wow, Rochellaine covered it pretty well, lol.
Some babies might be deep sleepers, but they frequently wake up in the middle of the night and cry for attention (I have two younger siblings), so I don’t know if saying the baby was a deep sleeper is enough (it’s also been a while since my siblings were babies). I like the idea of a false…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42 @perfectfifths @whoever
Bonus points and my undying respect to those of you who can guess these:
Two characters on the telephone:
Character 1: “I’ll be there in an AAAAAAAAAA…!”
Character 2: “In an ‘hour?’ I can’t wait an hour!”
Second quote:
“Dynamic deduction!”
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Ohh, no…… X’D
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Tell me about the characters! I love hearing about them. What kind of world do they live in? What are their personalities like? How old are they? That way I can give you a story idea based on the characters and the world they live in 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Audiobooks (and all the jazz) in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@christi-eaton I’m afraid I can’t recommend any since I’ve never listened to audiobooks. 🙈 Being an introvert, I retain things better by reading rather than by listening. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Maybe instead of using all the characters, she could just take her two favorites and incorporate them in a new story. Or she could create a new story with different characters but have the characters be similar to the ones in her abandoned story. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 Love the quotes! ❤️ 🙂 Here are some Charles Spurgeon ones I like (they aren’t exactly writing related, but they could be applied to writing):
“Rome was not built in a day, nor much else, unless it be a dog kennel.”
“He is not the best student who reads the most books, but he who meditates the most upon them.”…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper @dekreel @catwing *whistling triple dent gum* Anger yells “No!” and pounds the control panel. Mind workers solemnly resolve never to forget these songs and decide to throw the memory of algebra into the memory dump.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@introvert_girl They’ll be posted on KP. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Magic System Idea and Time Loops in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Wow! This sounds cool enough to give me a headache. lol
I doubt I can answer all your questions, but maybe I can help you with a few. Here goes.
#1 I agree that different people should have different powers at the same time of day. If you do this, there should probably be a governing rule. For instance, males and females are divided as…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Whichever you prefer.
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Hi! Welcome to the forum! If you’d like to introduce yourself, head on over to the ‘Start Here’ page. So glad you’ve joined us! I hope you really love it here. 🙂
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Interesting. Is her story idea absolutely unsalvageable? No redeeming qualities? Because I can imagine it would be hard to create characters for a story, and then scrap the story, and try and find a new setting for the characters. :
-
ClaireC and
Emily D are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Personally I like girls eyes better because boys eyes tend to be angular. I’m more used to drawing girls in general X’D
@catwing That’s good! I like the eyes 😀
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
I know. It’s a silly law. I really wish I knew a way around it 😛
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Whatever you want!
- Load More
