@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Snapper replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
Ummm. I think @bluejay still owns that position. I guess we’re just all developing major immunities to ice cream and raspberries while she’s gone. 😉 @dekreel
@clairec This was really obscure, but Daeus nominated me the substitute doctor a while back. No one’s gotten sick… so.
And yeah. I miss Tessa too. 😀 (Wherever you are… here’s a smi…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@GracieGirl They shouldn’t disappoint. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus I thought Andrew Peterson too—he’s got his own website andrew-peterson.com, and then a community he’s head of, rabbitroom.com, which I think has a large following of writers with the same general worldview of KeePers. Which is nice. And from what I’ve read he seems like a nice personal guy who’s always interested in helping others…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a Kapeefer when all of a sudden you start loving the name Josiah/Daniel/Anna/Daeus/Reagan/Snapper when you used to think nothing of it
@dekreel Haha!
-
Joy replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel. Good idea… 😉
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I have three suggestions off the top of my head, but I have no idea if they would want to or not.
N.D. Wilson- contact@ndwilson.com, ndwilson.com
I’ve read all of his books, and thought they were gripping. I’ve been in contact with his wife about book merchandise a couple times so he would probably respond 😛
J.R. Rasmussen-Â …[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@introvert_girl oh, just a little novella I wrote over the summer of 2017. It’s not my best work (I might rewrite it) because I was still just beginning to learn about how to write. I’m just self-publishing it with Lulu so family and friends can see it in book form. I do hope to get a blog up before summer though😊
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you make up a minor character based on a name you like, then they take over, become a love interest, and you almost want to give them their own book.
You know you’re a writer when this describes your life.

You know you’re a writer when you read this dedication: “To the fictional; you don’t have to do what your…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
I don’t have any trouble coming up with names at all. Actually, I usually START with a name, and then make up the character from there. Like Joktan.
(Okay, I’m going to say something about Joktan here because I love him to bits.)
Originally, I just really liked the name, and so wanted to have a character with that name in Embers. Then, a line…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
You. Guys. This is supposed to be INSPIRATION COLLAGES, not DISNEY/VEGGIETALES SONGS!
Ahem. I’m still working on my collages, but I’ll post them as soon as they’re done.
*whispers* I might also make one of Joktan….
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Stella is adorable! Pets were made to be spoiled 😜
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I actually went to church with an author, and his books are great! Robert Treskillard at kingarthur.com.uk (this is the books’ website. link his author website on this site). Also, maybe Nadine Brandes at nadinebradnes.com. I agree with IntrovertGirl; Morrill, Williamson, and Dittemore at goteenwriters.blogspot.com might want this. Maybe C.…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@jane-maree Okay, I’ll keep all this in mind 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus BTW I am sorry if that GIF made you feel uncomfortable in any way. I’ll restrain myself from now on XD
@rochellaine I know! That was my reaction, too X/
@clairec @notawriter @graciegirl @jenwriter17 @epicaddie2 Thank you all! 😀
Claire — Umm…. I’m going to see how comfortable Daeus is first… X)
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine, Yep! XD Sorry about that!
@dekreel… *softly* Wow…. can we get some more of these? Also, great look @daeus. *cackles*
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper That’s fine. 🙂
To clarify though, it doesn’t have to be an author you know. It could just be one you read.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Yeah….. no.
I don’t really know that many authors. Haven’t been to any conferences really–one local teen one–but otherwise… not yet. XD I’ll let you know if I can think of any.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter *squeals* it looks so good! I like how you did the hair too, it’s flowy and soft looking. I think the expression suits her. It’s not a full out smile, which she doesn’t do often. Thank youuuuu! ❤
ooh, cat! He/she is sooo cute!!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Alright, KeePers, Josiah recommended I contact some published authors about this survey. I’m going to ask if they want to see the results when they come out and maybe if they want to share it with their audience too.
I’ve got a few authors in mind, but I don’t know a tone of authors. Any you can think of who might be interested in…[Read more]
- Load More
