@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@waterlily @rochellaine @skredder @ingridrd @anyone
Peri can be a nickname, right? What are some names that can have a nickname of Peri?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Awesome, I’ll look at in a few minutes. I’m battling it out with a rather complex assignment for my World Religions class at the moment.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay. Would you mind putting this into a google doc then sending it to me? It’ll be easier for me to make suggestions there, unless you’d rather do it here. And they will be suggestions, ’cause I’m no poetry expert. Though I do enjoy making the words fit.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 More for metric pattern, but either one.
-
Daniel DeGraaf replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
This is awesome, that you for your work.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Did you write this to a specific metric pattern? Or are you just looking to clean up the phrasing a bit? I’m afraid I can’t help if it’s set to a specific pattern, but I can help if you just want to polish it up a bit.
-
Daeus started the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi KeePers,
Any of you who write structured poetry, I could use a bit of help with a poem I’ve written. This is for the fantasy novel I’m writing and essentially recounts the first events of the world.
My problem is that I know a few spots have clunky meter. I generally have a good ear for meter and maybe I could fix this by myself, but…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I really don’t like covers that have the main character on them, because they never look the way I imagine them to. 🙂 I prefer simplistic covers that hint at a part of the story.

In my opinion, that’s a great cover. Also, @daeus ‘s Golden Ziggurat is especially good.

Something like The Way of Kings (see @sam-kowal ‘s post) w…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Unlikable Protagonist? in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@introvert_girl Sam really said it already, but you can also add a backstory to show why the character acts the way they do. The overall tone of the story will help too. I think though that the most important thing is proactivity, like Sam said.
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99Â KP-versary! Congrats!
Many hugs to my fellow Whovian 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic My *gag* Children's Books in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@catwing I could always use more advice 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay, signing out, cyberspace.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper
Stan: *takes melted chair with utmost glee*Me: Okay, good. I should have known some can change forms
Wow! That’s a lot. I needa write faster. 😀 😛 Thanks! It’s off to a pretty okay start
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal *is honored that you think me a hero in dragondom*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
To Stan: No, I’m still a dragon. I can still melt chairs. This is just the human me. Worry not, Stan. We’re still dragon friends. *offers you a melted chair*
To Sam: 😛 (XD Still a dragon. Once a dragon, always a dragon.) I wrote 1144, so I’m signing out now. 🙂 Good luck on your new book!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Stan: “One of my greatest heroes in dragondom, whom I’ve looked up to for months now, is actually not a dragon!?”
Me: *sigh*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal *nods* XD
Turns to Stan: Why aren’t you talking to Sam? I thought you two were best buds?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀 Thanks. *Stan gulps down medicine*
I’m not really sure. It’s just… he’s not talking to me tonight.
- Load More
