-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus whoa… *stares*… you’re right. That is really, really freaky. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I got 868 words. :/ I’m sure you beat me. What was your word count?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus yup. Till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hahaha… yes, I can see how that would be difficult. 😉 My favorite is probably Bring Him Home. To listen to and to sing— that last note gives me chills. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus just recently, and now it’s like my all time favorite stuff. I literally walk around the house singing ‘I dreamed a dream’ and ‘Bring him home’ and ‘Stars’… it is such beautiful music, and the words are gorgeous too, which I don’t find too often these days. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m reading Les Miserables, but that’s not exactly something easily adapted to this kind of club… 😛
Charlotte’s Web. Yes, yes, I know— it’s a kid’s book, but it is a classic and I think there’s lots to be learned from it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy it’s not embarrassing at all. It just means I handled it how it should have been handled. So it’s my fault. 😉
And if it’s any comfort, it makes me very happy when you cry over my work. Doesn’t that make you feel better?? Hm??? *hysterical laughter*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I vote for Black Beauty, The Hobbit, Frindle, and The Butterfly Lion. 🙂
(It might help if you tag people @daeus. I almost didn’t see this cause it was still in under Animal Farm) 😉 -
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy
*evil grin* Ah yes, power. Well, I continued reading it to her and I could hardly stop laughing. The King, who dies, made her think of someone she knows and so she gets really sad when he’s mentioned. And at one point in the story Claudia throws the golden conch that her father gave her. My sister made me leap a mile when she yelled…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Bluejay Wonderful job! Making your readers cry is quite a feat. 😉 I’ve only accomplished it a couple times, myself. It’s so hard because sometimes, when you think you’re writing something moving, sometimes the reader will get a different impression…like thinking something is funny, when it wasn’t meant to be. *sigh*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Bluejay that’s awesome! I’m afraid I’ve done that far too often to @Emma-Flournoy. I even managed to make her cry over the death of a villain once, which quite honestly utterly shocked me. 😛 I didn’t think I’d made it THAT heartrending. 😉
And she’s no crybaby either.
It’s so satisfying, isn’t it? To know you have that power. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Guess what? I was reading my “Golden Conch” story to my younger sister and five minutes later she was crying!!! I’m so happy. 🙂 To be honest, she wasn’t poring tears, but she was upset. That is the first time a story has ever done that to anyone in my family. *Jumps for joy, while trying to comfort sister* **Sundaes for everyone again** 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Gesundheit.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oops! Posting at the same time. Nice. Certainly nothing to be sneezed at.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus 1,704 words. I got through an entire tricky chapter’s worth of editing tonight. 😀 What’d you get?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Yeah. Not sure what’s up with that either. :/ Oh well.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Novel Idea, Ghosts, and Time Restrictions in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
@adry_grace The reason I asked about OUAT was that, in the last season they go into the underworld and end up helping some of the people down there ‘move on’ by completing their ‘unfinished business’. But I suppose that’s just a general aspect of ghosts. 🙂
What if the character thinks his ‘power’ is being invisible? At least to most people. I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus no problem.
Is this thing being weird to you and not letting you post…?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m writing now. Tag me when you want to join.
Anyone else is welcome as well— @Hope @Hannah-C @Aella @Overcomer @His-Instrument @Timothy-Young @Adry_Grace @Anna-Brie…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m writing now. Tag me when you want to join.
Anyone else is welcome as well— @Hope @Hanna-C @Aella @Overcomer @His-Instrument @Timothy-Young @Adry_Grace @Anna-Brie…
- Load More
