-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Take me down if I’m breaking a rule somewhere… 😛
Okay, the contest is ended. We have our three winners, and beautiful winners they are. Congratulations to the writers of those winners— you’ve inspired me. Inspired us all, I’m sure.
Now that the contest is over, I’m curious as to which of you entered it, and equally curious to read your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I probably won’t be writing tonight. Or tomorrow. Or…well, it’s gonna be spotty for possibly a whole month. I’m undergoing sound therapy and basically completely reprogramming my brain, so I’m totally exhausted. All my creative juices are sapped for the time being.
I may, however, get surges of inspiration—or just get so sick with…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@timothy-young. No I have not read/heard of W.E. Johns Worrals books. I shall have to ask my brother about them. He is the real Biggles fan. He was the one who started me reading them. Although I guess I have to say thank you to school work (though now I am done with that) 🙂 as I read my first Biggles because of Nepal when we studied it for…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ooh Charlotte’s Web is a great book.
Empty Chairs and Empty Tables is a great song. My family and I made a short movie for a competition and in it I had to cry. So my sister played that song on her laptop and the one time I needed to cry, I was completely dry-eyed. *Unbelievable* So we watched Tony’s confession in War Room and that got the water…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Is there anyone up for writing for 45 minutes. (Depending on when you read this) @kate-flournoy, @daeus @hannah-c
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@timothy-young Ooo, I really like Freedom’s Cause, The Cat of Bubastes, and The Lion of St. Mark. I think one of my favorites is For the Temple.
Thanks. I’m glad you liked the article. 🙂 I don’t really have an option on authors of Greek and Roman warfare or history. I’ve just been slowly going though the small selection our library has and r…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Kate-flournoy I know…it’s so sad.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope believe it or not I hadn’t heard that one— I went and looked it up, and you’re right, it’s amazing. *sniff* So sad and nostalgic.
*runs sobbing from the room, handkerchief pressed to streaming eyes* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@His-Instrument Jesus was many things. Homeless. Outcast. Pilgrim. Teacher. Servant. Healer. You could develop Him as any of those, instead of carpenter.
And as for the first question, I’ve never read a series like that, but I certainly don’t think it couldn’t be done. There are no ‘rules’ in fiction writing— more like guidelines. Understand…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus Personal opinion, I suppose. I just don’t care for his voice and how he sings it. I’ve heard other versions, like one by Josh Groban, which carry the emotion of the song but which I think sounds better.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Kate-flournoy, @Daeus, I love Les Mis music! My favorite song is probably Empty Chairs and Empty Tables (but sung by someone else besides the actor 😉 )
Back on topic; book voting: Alice Through the Looking Glass. Or Ender’s Game.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument Yes! I’ve done that. Well, the writing and rewriting and rewriting. I’ve one book I’m working on that I wrote four years ago. Then I doubled the length, then I rewrote quite a bit of it. And now I’m reworking it again… And I’m not even going to mention another book I wrote last year which I’ve revised a few times and have now…[Read more]
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Greta replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@Timothy-Young, Very neat! I’ve only read one Henty, and I liked it, but I’ve never gotten around to reading any others. 🙂 Hmm, I’ve heard of the Scarlet Pimpernel, but I’ve never read it. I’ll have to look into that. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for tagging me @Daeus! Life got busy (surprise, surprise), and I forgot about the book club. *gasp* I really enjoyed Animal Farm.
@kate-flournoy Sorry, I had to butt in on this conversation. I’ve never read Les Mis, but the music… I’m kind of obsessed. 😉 😛 Les Mis is my all-time FAVORITE musical!!! The music is just so amazing.…[Read more] -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument I seem to have lost your email. Do you still have mine? If you do, would you mind shooting me an email? 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument *blows out breath* Oh, man. I don’t think you always have to use the same POV in every novel in a series. But I don’t see a reason why you wouldn’t…if that makes sense. I think using the same POV in a series of novels makes the series more cohesive.
I agree with you about first person, by the way. It’s always been easier for…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*rueful smile* I know. I’m so spoiled.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That is the most awful thing I’ve heard in a long time. HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUTUBE???? Okay, okay, so I’m not that dependent on it… it’s just it’s a lot easier to write sometimes when you have dramatic music playing. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus here. Bring Him Home.
- Load More
