-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I will attempt to solve the paradox.
If non-existence does not exist, then it does
If non-existence does exist, then it does notNon-existence is an idea. It doesn’t exist in the first place, rather it is the lack of existence of some other idea or item. So if the lack of something’s existence doesn’t exist, then that thing does indeed…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ooh… ouch. Okay, gimme a while to figure that out. I thought I had it for a minute, but then I lost it. I’m still operating on sub-par intelligence. 😛
Unless perhaps non-existence is non-existent by very definition and therefore naturally does not exist… or co-exists with its nonexistence… hmmmm… yeah, give me a bit. 😉
And yes.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ooh… ouch. Okay, gimme a while to figure that out. I thought I had it for a minute, but then I lost it. I’m still operating on sub-par intelligence. 😛
Unless perhaps non-existence is non-existent by very definition and therefore naturally does not exist… or co-exists with its nonexistence… hmmmm… yeah, give me a bit. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Okay guys, I discovered a new favorite. My mom bought me this book on a random impulse, having heard it once before as an audiobook, and I devoured it in a day.
Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451.
Read it.
There’s a bit of language in it and a very few pretty graphic scenes, but they in no way detracted from the beauty of the story for me. In case…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@c-c-lane Welcome! *bows officially*
I love writing medieval fantasy too! And Tolkien. Reading Tolkien that is, not writing it. 😉
-
Faith Kindred replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey there @C-C-Lane! Medieval fantasy eh? Me too! 😀 I’ve tried learning guitar, but never had much luck with it. It’s a beautiful instrument though. Glad to have you on the forum!
-
Faith Kindred replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey there @C-C-Lane! Medieval fantasy eh? Me too! 😀 I’ve tried guitar, but never had much luck with it. It’s a beautiful instrument though. Glad to have you on the forum!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey, a newcomer! I can’t believe I missed this… 😛 Anyway, welcome to KP, @C-C-Lane!
I know exactly what you mean about writing historical fiction— I have the same problem. All of my earliest novels were historical fiction, and they are quite liberally scattered with incongruous dragon metaphors. 😛
And hey, you know what, it’s actually…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
It’s okay. I actually can’t do it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Is anyone around for half an hour of writing????
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
Welcome @c-c-lane. I have just started to play guitar and it is very hard. But practise makes perfect. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
How about this one…
Choose a person (real or not) and write about a part of their life that no one knows about.
For example: I am writing about Robin Hood’s daughter. 🙂
@his-instrument -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Pleasure Symbolized in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 3 months ago
@Kate-flournoy I keep thinking about something gardeny too…though I was more thinking something symbolic. Like roses? 😉 Perhaps using the garden/sanctuary (our equivalent of a church) for their own purposes?)
@c-c-lane Hmm, that’s a good idea about the kids having been in the Prince’s castle. I’m not sure if they’ve actually been there, but I…[Read more]
-
Faith Kindred changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pleasure Symbolized in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 3 months ago
Hm… *thinkthinkthink* Hm… pleasure… maybe… hey, would it work if it were a plant? Like, a grapevine or something? I don’t know why grapevine— probably because it puts me in mind of wine. 😛 But it could be— oh! Wait… wait wait wait… sorry, I’m thinking out loud here. Maybe it’s some forbidden but delicious…[Read more]
-
Hannah Olsen changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Hope Ann started the topic Pleasure Symbolized in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 3 months ago
I’m hoping you guys might be able to help me with a problem I’m trying to brainstorm for an allegory I’m working on. Background: There is a village in the mountains. There has been a war between the Prince and the rebels. The Prince died for His people, came back to life, and is now offering pardon to anyone who will accept His sacrifice. In this…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Question in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm right here. 🙂
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Although I love a good Sherlock, I may have to pass on this one – due to the fact that my schedule these coming two weeks is crazy, and I’d have to grab the book from the library. I’ll still be checking back here and reading the comments on it though!!!! 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sorry, but I won’t be able to do this book either.
- Load More
