-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus yes sir. Planning on it. Tomato minions may get in the way, but I’m planning on doing as much as I can.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Yoohoo @daeus 20 minutes of writing??
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
No worries. I thought that might be the case. *I’ve just finished breakfast* 😀 @daeus I’ll see about doing it later, but I have no idea what I’ll be doing. So I guess we’ll see.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec Oooo a musical theatre class sounds fun. No worries. I look forward to it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Oo a musical theatre class sounds fun. No worries. I look forward to it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
What!?!? No prompts? @his-instrument @ingridrd @daeus @anyone
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Numbers; problems. That’s all they ever write in me. Multiplication; addition; subtraction; division. I’m so tired by the end of the day.
Sometimes I end up with a really bad case of chicken pox. Do you know how horrible that is?
I wish they’d write stories in me instead. Battles; romance; westerns; fantasy. How much nicer that would be.
Words;…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Numbers; problems. That’s all they ever write in me. Multiplication; addition; subtraction; division. I’m so tired by the end of the day.
Sometimes I end up with a really bad case of chicken pox. Do you know how horrible that is?
I wish they’d write stories in me instead. Battles; romance; westerns; fantasy. How much nicer that would be.
Words;…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@dragon-snapper Oo I love medieval as a genre. My only problem is that my characters all speak modern day English.
Tell me, do you like flying???? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@daeus Sorry, missed you again!!!!!!!!! So out of practise and really busy.
However, is there anyone who wants to write now? @overcomer; @jadamae; @daeus; @kate-flournoy; @clairec; @anna-brie; @anyone-else-who-I-haven’t-thought-of -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus good idea. Okay people— so near the beginning of the book I had it so one character would be teaching another to sword-fight. I spent quite a bit of time developing their relationship prior to that— one character is so stubborn he wouldn’t have let the other character teach him if they hadn’t known each other for quite some time. So…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Ha. Anything, of course. 😉 No limit.
Yes. Besides reading, there’s almost nothing that can better prepare someone for writing than rewriting. Which may sound a bit counter-intuitive, but it’s true.
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
This thread is for sharing tips about editing and rewriting or handy things we discovered in the process of doing that ourselves.
I shall kick it off because I recently discovered something crucial (with @Daeus‘s help 😉 ). I’m going through the first major edit/rewrite I’ve ever done, so perhaps this is old news to some of you more experienced…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
So, @daeus and @anna-bria, this is what I have now. I like most of it, I’m just not sure about the final line in the first and third stanza. The line in the third stanza, by the way, needs to hold the idea that the nation will be destroyed if the victor (from the line before) doesn’t unite the countries.
Ancient sign, bitter fate,
Scar and oath…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
*gasp* You’ve got to read Lord of the Rings, @anna-brie! They are so good!
I had Steelheart from the library, but returned it because I didn’t have time to read it. I might pick it back up again sometime. But the next book on my list are the Inkheart trilogy. Joy is reading them and she really likes them.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@dragon-snapper Welcome, dragon captain. So, do you tame dragons, hunt them, or…umm, are you a rogue dragon who somehow slipped past the moderators?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper awesome handle. Is there a story behind that?
Oh yeah— welcome to the Realm of the KeePers of the Kingdom. There are *ahem* a few dragons on this forum, myself included… it would be greatly appreciated if you refrained from doing any… erm… snapping? 😉
Where do you hail from?
Glad to have you here. *salutes* Captain. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@dragon-snapper *stares at post with open mouth. Reads command at the end and obeys* **Applauds**
Welcome to Kingdom Pen the bestistest place on earth.
*Gasps* *I’ve always wanted to fly* Dreams do come true.
So…tell us about you. How long have you been writing? Favourite authors? Genre?
And I’ll say it again………..welcome. 🙂 -
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic OYAN considerations in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
I have a lot of friends who are OYANers, but I personally havent done OYAN. I am interested though. 🙂 I’ve heard its amazingly helpful!
-
Hope Ann started the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
I’ve written a prophecy for a book of mine and, since poetry is not my strong point, I decided I’d post it here and see what you guys thought, and if you had any suggestions:
Ancient sign, bitter fate,
Scar and oath and quest;
Revealing name brought to light
Power from destroyer wrest.Ancient weapon, bitter foe,
Shield and spear and…[Read more] - Load More
