-
Hope Ann replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay no, I’ve not ready Ella Enchanted, though I’ve seen the movie. *smirks*
@Gabrielle Oh yes, always. Actually, what I tend to do when I’m making drastic changes, is copy the document and archive a copy of it ‘as is’ then go ahead and edit to my heart’s content because I know I can always go back to something and get it if I need it.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope have you ever read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine? She does that with her book.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@dragon-snapper It least I’m not the only one then. 🙂
Have you ever read books by Captain W.E.Johns? He writes about a pilot called Bigglesworth “Biggles” to his friends. He fights in World War 1 & 2 and when it’s not war he’s a air-police detective. Well worth reading. My brother collects them and now I have started my own set two. I think there…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@emma-flournoy Yes, you have a point there too. I’m not saying one should include everything. But I’ve seen it done in more than one book…one was an alternate beginning and the other included bits of a character who’d been taken out. In both cases, I agreed it was better the way the author had written it, but at the same time it was fun to see…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper include this line in a story: ‘Dude, we are not asking the dragon for directions.’
I love your dare, @Jess. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragons-Snapper I’m late too, we can be late together… but WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE KEEPERS OF THE PEN, @JESS!!
We do have a lot in common.
Christian? Check.
Writer? Check.
Homeschooled? Check.
Loves fantasy? Check.
Artsy? Check.
Talks to her characters? Um, check!Welcome again. So glad to have you on here. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper sorry to burst your bubble… it’s bestestist. *hysterical laughter*
And welcome regardless, @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise!!!!! So great to see you here! What’s your favorite book/series? What do you like best about writing?
And what on this earth is a nose flute?????
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Hey, @daeus, you’ve never told us that about chocolate! It was all ‘eat raspberries because they’re healthy’. *grabs more chocolate*
Thanks, @Jess. 😉 A fantasy trilogy! That sounds like fun. I’m working on my novellas, a fantasy novel, have several other fantasy novels…and a seven book fantasy series. 😉 I also have a futuristic trilogy I’m…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’re finally here!!! Welcome to the, umm, wonderfulist writing forum on earth. 😉 Oh, and about the tags, they aren’t always the names you see. If you click on a person’s profile, you’ll see the ‘tagging name’ You’ll memorize most of them eventually. 😉
And married six people? *smirks* I’ve been married two or three…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Hi @corissa-maiden-of-praise. Welcome. Wait!!!! *stares at your post* You win. *pats you on the back* 🙂
So things about me….
Well, I too am dedicated to Jesus. Sometimes though I feel as though it is lacking in my life. So there is a great forum topic here when you tag someone to read nothing but the Bible all day. It is a great lot of fun,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Thanks @his-instrument I’ll see what I can come up with. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@jess welcome to Kingdom Pen the bestistes…Oh @hope beat me to it. *boohoo*
*ahem* KP is a great place for us writes. I have loved every moment that I’ve been on it. It was like what Reagan said once, “when you’re a writer that sets you apart, and being a Christian sets you apart even more” *It was something along those lines* 🙂I have never…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Also, I am aware I’ve not really answered the question, just dissected it more. I’ll be back later, ahem, tomorrow maybe. And I suspect @daeus and @kate-flournoy will be here soon. They like these kinds of questions. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@his-instrument Ah yes, we’ve talked about those points some. But it’s still a hard question, whatever the morally right answer might be. And I know what you mean. I could argue both ways for the scenario above too. The death is giving one’s life for their country. And no one claims there is anything wrong in risking death for something like that,…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@jess Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! Hurray! I said it first (it’s kind of a weird competition around here).
And hurray for fantasy. I love writing fantasy. Are you working on anything right now?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! Hurray! I said it first (it’s kind of a weird competition around here.
And hurray for fantasy. I love writing fantasy. Are you working on anything right now?
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 2 months ago
Inspiration comes in many forms
but when the moment strikes
it’s yours for the taking.
Take a moment to put
pen down to paper. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
412 @daeus. I’ve started a new story and this time it’s set in Australia. I have a feeling that I am going to love this one heaps. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Sure, that would great @daeus.
(Yes, we made contact) 😛 -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Resurrecting this topic for a bit anyway, because I’ve been thinking about a mystery I watched awhile back. The character who died is assumed to have committed suicide. The Detective thinks he was murdered. In the end, they discover it was actually part of a government spy deal. Basically, the man who died was already dying from some sickness. His…[Read more]
- Load More
