-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@graciekry Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, etc, etc, etc. (Which means so on and so forth. *King and I*)
I can’t believe @daeus beat me to it. Oh well, Welcome to the bestitstest…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h 🙂 Yes, that is a lyrebird. Very shy, but beautiful birds. One lyrebird a sanctuary was able to mimic a fire alarm. Confused the workers no end. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h 🙂 Yes, that is a lyrebird. Very shy, but beautiful birds. One lyrebird a sanctuary was able to mimic the fire alarm. Confused the worker no end. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Success. @sarah-h In case you were wondering, this is a lyrebird. Called that because of the shape of the brown tail feathers which look like the instrument, the lyre. (As a child I use to think it was because it lied. A lyrebird has the ability to mimic other bird calls, so that’s kind of like lying.) 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Let me try again

-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh bother it didn’t. I wonder what went wrong.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Let me see if this image will work:
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h Yep. Only it’s nearly 5pm here. 🙂
Yes, I know. It’s pretty awesome. Um, the only difference with the animal, are the lyrebirds are more common there. They like the wet ground.
Good. I hope you enjoy it when you see it. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec Definitely. *I star in it as the main female* 😀 😀 😀 (it should be soonish. The comp ends in September so it will have to be done before then.)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
For me, South Australia really looks like Victoria. If we didn’t have a big sign saying “Welcome to South Australia” I wouldn’t know when we crossed the border.
And yes, it is very bushy.
I have been to the seaside. Quite a few times. 🙂 No, Victoria doesn’t have palm trees. If they were anywhere in Australia it would be Queensland. (@clairec Do…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
For me, South Australia really looks like Victoria. If we didn’t have a big sign saying “Welcome to South Australia” I wouldn’t know when we crossed the border.
And yes, it is very bushy.
I have been to the seaside. Quite a few times. 🙂 No, Victoria doesn’t have palm trees. If they were anywhere in Australia it would be Queensland. (@clairec Do…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec I wrote 863 words. I’ve done my outlining and plotting so now it is just a matter of following it. 🙂 And I’m really happy with the way the story is going.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec Great! I’ll check in 20, but I’m good to go 40. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec Are you writing now? I am. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yes, tag me then. I just got home from shopping so I was late today, but it would still be nice to write, so 3:30 should be fine.
I’ll still be editing this morning though. 🙂
@clairec -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yes, tag me then. I just got home from shopping so I was late today, but it would still be nice to write, so 3:30 should be fine.
I’ll still be editing this morning though. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Is anyone writing today? @kate-flournoy, @daeus, @jess, @clairec I’ve got some editing to do, if you can join me.
-
Kate Flournoy posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@Bluejay and @Daeus (since you guys are the only ones I can remember who were curious about this) just thought I’d let you know that ear therapy actually went really well. The healing process is still underway (it takes a long time) but things are definitely improving. Thanks so much for your prayers. Someone was listening. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h *echos Claire* Agreed! 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h I wish you were able to come over so I could show you everything rather than telling you. (That’s not to say, that I dislike answering questions, but that it’s more fun in person)
We have a different garden now, no gumtrees in the front yard, so it’s possible that we are just not attracting them as much.
Tiger snakes, Red-bellied blacks,…[Read more] - Load More

@kate-flournoy Yipee! Like, this deserves a celebration. Maybe I’ll go eat some raspberries.
*Reprograms algorithm to flavor prayer with celebration*
*Dwapples away*
Hey @spradlin, come check this out.
@kate-flournoy That’s great news. Do you understand @daeus anymore than I do? Must be the raspberries that do it.
*grins* I don’t eat them.
@Bluejay heheheh… maybe slightly. I eat raspberries myself, so that must put us on a less drastic wavelength difference. 😉
Right @Daeus?
I only eat raspberries when there is no other fruit to be had. I dislike the crunch. *shudders*
What!!?? @Bluejay the crunch is the best part!!! 😀
@kate-flournoy You eat raspberries too? Aha! Now I know why you’re improving so well. Raspberries are almost like enlightenment, only purer.
@bluejay I’ll be praying for you. You seem to need it.
@Daeus that must be it. The raspberries. Of course. Why didn’t I think of that? 😀
*gasp* @daeus Are you saying I’m not okay as I am? *weeps*
@bluejay Awe, not that. Just… hmm… you ever had frozen raspberries?
Once or twice. We mix them in a blender with other fruit and make home-made ice cream, which is nice.
*dries tears*
@daeus
So glad to hear this!!! I’ll be praying for a speedy recovery! *virtual hugs and cookies*
@kate-flournoy *blanches*
Now now, Tessa.
Aww, thanks @spradlin. You guys are all so awesome. *dabs happy tears*
*chuckles at own melodrama*
😉
*mas hugs* *many thumbs up*