-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I write to discover, I guess. Writing for me is a quest of sorts— discover truths, polish them until they shine, then bury them again for someone else to discover. It helps me understand the world and the nature of truth and the nature of God, and as such I guess it’s a form of worship.
I also write because if I didn’t my head would probably…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec I would definitely read your novel! It sounds very interesting. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yay! Welcome to the inner circle, @Daeus! *confetti, balloons* Prepare to lose what little sanity you still possess. I don’t know what it is about writing fantasy, but the creativity required is addicting. I haven’t been able to return to historical fiction. *gasp**ominous oboe music* This is the point of no return.
Um… yeah. Books? Let’s…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@ClaireC it sounds very interesting— not the typical nurse/patriot/combat story premise, which perhaps is what you meant when you said ‘alternative… premise’?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@Claire-C it sounds very interesting— not the typical nurse/patriot/combat story premise, which perhaps is what you meant when you said ‘alternative… premise’?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh yes, as for making up creatures, The Dark Sea Annals have plenty of interesting animals and races. The first one is called Sword in the Stars and the second is called The Errant King. *lowers voice* Read them, @daeus.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I’m on, @anna-brie! I’ve added both you and Aella94 as writing buddies, so you should be able to find me. 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Lord of the Rings tops the list of epic fantasy, of course. And I really enjoy The Dark Sea Annals by Wayne Thomas Batson. They are very high fantasy and allegorical. There is some ‘magical’ stuff in there, but it’s not magic, per say. More like gifts and abilities people have been given, and then there are those who use their gifts for evil…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Runs in* Pants, pants, pants. Oooo let me see….The two princesses of Barmarre is the one of the bestestist books ever. The author is Gail Carson Levine. She is seriously amazing. She is into fantasy, so I really recommend you checking her books out if you want good fantasy. *dreams*
Ahem, Ahem. Let me see….more books. The Talking Parcel by…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Runs in* Pants, pants, pants. Oooo let me see….The two sisters of Barmarre is the one of the bestestist books ever. The author is Gail Carson Levine. She is seriously amazing. She is into fantasy, so I really recommend you checking her books out if you want good fantasy. *dreams*
Ahem, Ahem. Let me see….more books. The Talking Parcel Gerald…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Runs in* Pants, pants, pants. Oooo let me see….The two sisters of Barmarre is the one of the bestestist books ever. The author is Gail Carson Levine. She is seriously amazing. She is into fantasy, so I really recommend you checking her books out if you want good fantasy. *dreams*
Ahem, Ahem. Let me see….more books. The Talking Parcel Gerald…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus ha. 😀 Done. I’ve forgotten it already.
(Matthew thanks you).
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Awesome @Dragon-Snapper. I’m afraid I didn’t get much of anything. 468. *sigh* It might be because I reeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy want to get to the next scene… and my brain doesn’t want me to. 😛
What did you get @Daeus?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I’m on.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-brie That’s a shame, but I understand.
@dragon-snapper Some of us aren’t reading any fiction for a month. We are focusing on Biblical books and the Bible.
And it’s all about votes for which book gets picked……….. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper and @winter-rose I’ve got to stop now as I have an art lesson to do. I got the start of another visual poem going. 🙂 This one is about the sacrifice that Christ made for us when He died on the cross. (And it’s in the shape of a cross)
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay I’ll vote for:
1. Through the Looking Glass
2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond
3. Ella Enchanted -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-brie For those of us who aren’t reading fiction in September, I was thinking that throwing one book in there won’t hurt. No other books are allowed (please don’t think that I’m laying laws down for you @clairec and @sarah-h; this is just what I’m going to do) I read fairly fast so, I would be through one book in one day. Probably. So I guess…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I might be able to write for half an hour. I’ll tag you when I leave. 🙂
-
BlueJay started the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum 10 years, 1 month ago
Hello All,
@graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @emma-flournoy @winter-rose @ingridrd @christi-eaton @aysia-serene @adry_grace @daeus @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @anna-brie @gretald @kate-flournoy @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @ha…[Read more]
- Load More
