-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
especially considering we’re in opposite sides of the world
Aren’t you both in America? @overcomer @dragon-snapper
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@jess I just thought I’d hunt up a few names for you, as you seemed to be struggling. (that doesn’t mean you can’t use Tessa. I don’t mind. 🙂 )
Girls: Natalie, Rosa, Alyssa, Colleen, Kaylee or Kayla, Amber, Cassidy (Cass) Mya or Mia.
Boys: Jax, (I like that one) Tyler, Dylan, Kyle, Carlos, Cody or Coby, Derek, Xavier (pronounced with a Z at the…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h I don’t like the Phantom of the Opera, but there is one song in there, “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” which is nice by itself. I will be singing it at my singing teacher’s end of year concert. 🙂 It is very difficult. (But fun too) 🙂
@clairec *pats you on the shoulder* Theatre blues, terrible things. I’ve heard that song before. 🙂 -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@julia-r So you approve of shape-shifting? *wags eyebrows* Some readers don’t, but I’ve used it in one fantasy story so far. I’d love to do a dragon/person shapeshifter sometime, though that’s been done before in more than one place. My own shapeshifter was a bit…subtler. 😉
@Jess, well, everyone else has been asking plenty of valid questions,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@jess Dalton is a major character in book 3 of the knights of Arrethtrae. And then he is in book 4 too.
What time period is your story set in? -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus will do. 😉 I’ll be sending the first part out next Monday, I think.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
Also, for those of you who expressed interest in Fidelyon (@dragon-snapper, @daeus …@anyoneelse) I am excited to announce that I’m opening the novella for beta reading. If you’d like to see my ‘final’ blurb (thanks again everyone for your help) and are interest in details or in beta reading the novel, you can check it out and sign-up on my blog here! 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
Also, for those of you who expressed interest in Fidelyon (@daeus, @dragon-snapper…@anyoneelse) I am excited to announce that I’m opening the novella for beta reading. If you’d like to see my ‘final’ blurb (thanks again everyone for your help) and are interest in details or in beta reading the novel, you can check it out and sign-up on my blog here! 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
Also, for those of you who expressed interest in Fidelyon (@daeus, @dragon-snapper…@anyoneelse) I am excited to announce that I’m opening the novella for beta reading. If you’d like to see my ‘final’ blurb (thanks again everyone for your help) and are interest in details or in beta reading the novel, you can check it out and sign-up on my blog here! 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-brie Sorry, I just realized I never replied to you. *sheepish grin* I’m hoping to traditionally published…hopefully at Enclave. Though if that doesn’t work, I will publish myself. But even if a publisher does write a blurb for me (which I’d love) I like to have my own for blog work and stuff.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@overcomer I have a blog and I really enjoy blogging. I think they are a fun way for readers to follow writers and for writers to connect, but I don’t think one has to have a regular blog. I do think it’s a good idea for a writer to have somewhere they can post occasionally about what they are doing though. And there is something to be said for…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
The book sounds interesting, though everyone has pretty much beat me to what I’d say… Experiments of some kind which are why the kids have the abilities they have. If you connect the abilities to one thing, that might be easier…have you read Michael Vey? The writing in some of the last books is awful, but the story itself is pretty good,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, @Mark-Kamibaya welcome back!! It would be a poor welcome indeed if someone attacked you now… XD
I do see what you’re saying, and to some extent I agree. For the most part, however, we aren’t talking about scene-by-scene summaries. In @Daeus‘s case, it was several chapters summarizing a character’s childhood. (At least I assume that’s what…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I’ll be sending them in once Mum has checked them so you’ll find out. Drummer Boy is one of them. @sarah-h
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*shakes head* Promotion accepted, I guess.
The other day I posted a picture on twitter of my feet…I’d traced my veins I could see with a felted pen (I had a novella to rework and didn’t want to do it. It was only natural to turn my pen elsewhere) and got a reply ‘when you pick up a pen to write, but it’s all in vein’. I’m still not sure what I…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h I’m going to stop now. I wrote 447 words (I think.) 🙂 But I’ve run out of ideas. I was writing 100 words stories which were fun, though.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@spradlin‘s answer to everything, “Submit it” 🙂 *Grins*
I love writing poetry @overcomer, but I’m terrible at critiquing it. 🙁 Sorry. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I can got for an hour if you can. @sarah-h
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I can got for an hour if you can?
- Load More
