-
Greta replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hannah-krynicki
That’s an awesome prompt! The Lost Colony is so fascinating. I actually went to the “site” where the Roanoke Colony was supposed to be, and it turned out they really had almost NO evidence that the colony was there. So that was pretty disappointing, but at least it was somewhat interesting. 😉 -
Greta replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
You protest, and thus the first part of our plan is a success. Thanks for the help!
Oh, great. You’re welcome. *rolls eyes* 😉 😛
@Sierra-r
Yes! Moose Tracks is amazing! Have you ever had Moose Tracks Extreme (chocolate ice cream Moose Tracks)? Even better. 😉
That’s so cool you’re writing a novel with your sister! @Ingridrd…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm hm… let me see. My first idea was, is there any way the villain could have a motive for meeting them without revealing who he is? Maybe he could go and seek them out for that reason (is he curious? Afraid? Daring? Arrogant?) and meet them as a simple traveler, and things escalate from there.
Or maybe he needs to ship something…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h Are you still outlining?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’ve got to stop now for lunch. I got 461 words written and I like the story idea that I’m working one. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@his-instrument @aella @emma-flournoy Wonderful and interesting prompts. Thank you so much.
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys. I know I’ve asked this before, but I can’t remember so I thought I’d ask it again. 🙂 I need a name for a mermaid or merman that goes with Mango and Claudia. Any suggestions?
@kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @daeus @hope @emma-flournoy @winter-rose @jess @christi-eaton -
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I got 2006 words today, after starting the story twice and then going over and rewriting the first 500 words. I’ll need to streamline and cut down the story later, but I’m pleased with the voice of the MC so far. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Okay, so I just finished watching the video of Josiah and Sarah and I’m ready to get writing. Is anyone still around to write with me?
@daeus, @kate-flournoy, @dragon-snapper, @winter-rose, @jess, @anyone -
BlueJay replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*sneaks into topic* I have no idea if this counts, but I’m going to try and write 50,000 words in November. It may be on a few different stories or it might be on just one. But I think this will be good for me. *raises pen a bit hesitantly.*
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
*gives virtual hugs to everyone* 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m glad to be back. Ah, I see you have decided to make me feel very welcome by melting the chair. *hmmm…*
tell us what really happened to the colony at Roanoke Island…
What is Roanoke Island?
@winter-rose I grin every time I read “an overly friendly Great Dane” 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*digs out old topic* Right…I mean…write. I need a dare; lots of them. I would like them to be kinda historical, but don’t stress if they aren’t. @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @jess, @winter-rose, @dragon-snapper, @aratrea, @sierra-r, @rolena-hatfield. *decides to go and get tags from a different article.*
@graciekry @his-instrument @j…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*digs out old topic* Right…I mean…write. I need a dare; lots of them. I would like them to be kinda historical, but don’t stress if they aren’t. @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @jess, @winter-rose, @dragon-snapper, @aratrea, @seirra-r, @rolena-hatfield. *decides to go and get tags from a different article.*
@graciekry @his-instrument @j…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@sierra-r I’m so sorry I’m late. *decides not to bother with any competition with welcoming you* I can’t believe I’m late. *stunned look* I guess everyone has said everything already. Um, so yeah. Have fun, and ignore the fact that I’m late. 🙂
-
Greta and
Sierra are now friends 9 years, 11 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus hey, you mentioned you were crazy busy lately, and I just wanted to let you know if you don’t have time for my work it’s totally okay for you to set it aside and focus on more important things. I don’t have any deadlines or anything, so if you need to do that I’m completely okay with it.
-
Not quite that busy, thankfully. I’m not able to do it every day, but I should be able to do a chapter every other day or so. The bible bee’s over in two weeks, so I should have more time then.
-
Oh that’s right, you were doing the Bible Bee too. I forgot. How’s that going?
@Daeus-
Good, but a little cramped. I have all the verses memorized, but I generally make about one or two slips a passage when reciting them. I’m also cramming a lot of the small stuff here at the end. We’ll see how it goes. I’m happy with it at least.
-
Well good luck. I hope it goes well.
-
-
-
-
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Here is my work of art for the evening. @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @everyoneelse

- Load More

Oceanus. Octavia. Marcellus. Cassius. Portia. Aquarius. Aquaria. Antonia. Luccellus. Lucia. Lucius.
Anything there?
@Bluejay
I like Cassius @kate-flournoy Cause I can nickname it to Cass which is good. I like nicknames. 🙂
A kid??!! Awww… 😉
Or not?
Hmmm…um…um…this isn’t working.
Err…Claudo? Mangia? JUST KIDDING.
Ketto. OK, that has no logical background WHATSOEVER. It just popped into my head. And I know, it doesn’t sound Latin at all. 🙁
Yes, a kid. Ahhh… 😉
Haha. I love the fact that you were trying to take it off the parents.
Ketto is a cute name and I think I know who I could use it for.
@emma-flournoy
😀 😀
@emma-flournoy Having read the book yourself, how would you say Mum and Dad? Mother, Father? Papa, Mama? Pa, Ma?
I think just Mum and Dad will be good. Maybe Mother and Father next; but no Pa or Ma for sure. That doesn’t sound sea-ish at all. The others don’t sound sea-ish, either ( 😛 ), but for the type of story…