-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Heyyyy, you beat me to it @Hope.
But we knows the answer to that one too. *nods sagely* Edmund to King Miraz.‘Nonsense. You’re only saying that because no one ever has.’
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Love your new profile picture, @anne-of-lothlorien
Also, the quote is from The Scarlet Pimpernel to chauvelin.
So do I get to go now, or do we wait for you to confirm we are correct? Anyways, here’s my next one.
“So you’re bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?”
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Love your new profile picture, @anne-of-lothlorien
Also, the quote is from The Scarlet Pimpernel to chauvelin.
So do I get to go now, or do we wait for you to confirm we are correct?
“So you’re bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha! Little siblings can be so creepy. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm hm… my favorite genre of music is probably traditional Celtic/Scottish/Nordic, though it’s really hard to find genuinely beautiful arrangements of traditional tunes.
And… I don’t have a favorite band. I just dig through stuff and find things I like the sound of. 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper um… keep it to myself. 😛 Trying to explain awesome story ideas or plot twists to non writers just never really works. If it’s just too amazing to not tell anyone, I’ll tell @Emma-Flournoy because even though she’s not a writer herself she understands. 😉 I also write it down in my little pocket notebook. I have at least three…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yes @Jess. I’m praying.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
(isn’t the theme a bit like Frozen’s? Like the theme of “Who needs guys?”)
That is hilarious. I have seen both Maleficent and Frozen, and that take on either theme did not even remotely cross my mind. I guess you could mayyyyybe see that with Maleficent, but the biggest takeaway I got from Maleficent’s theme was ‘there are other l…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes He is. *nods emphatically*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
That’s great Tessa. God of the little things as well, isn’t He? 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@clairec, @jess, @kate-flournoy, @daeus, @emma-flournoy, @overcomer, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @everyone
What can I say except GOD IS GOOD. We found it and it is now safely back on the necklace. Not to be worn around the yard near long grass.
All the glory goes to God. He showed us where it was. I was retracing my steps with my sister and all of a…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@clairec, @jess, @kate-flournoy, @daeus, @emma-flournoy, @overcomer, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @everyone
I’ve lost a little T from a necklace. It was a birthday present from my aunt and I have no idea where it is. I have been outside (in long grass) and I’ve been looking but I can’t find it. Please pray that we will as it is very special to me.
I’m…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys, I actually won’t be able to make it tonight either. Grandparents over for Thanksgiving; I’m not entirely unsociable. 😉
@Daeus
@Dragon-Snapper
@AnyoneElseWhoThoughtIWasGoingTo -
Greta replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Warrioroftherealm
Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well! Enjoy the time off with your family tomorrow (that is, if you’re celebrating tomorrow). 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
Same to you @WarrioroftheRealm. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya that’s actually the only film adaptation of any Shakespeare I’ve ever seen (actually take that back— Taming of the Shrew, which was great, though in a totally different way as its a different genre 😛 ) but I really, really loved it. Best thing is, I read the play first, and though the movie cut a lot of really long dialogue…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I’ve also seen Beyond the Mask— I would watch it again, and there were quite a few positive aspects of it, but it wasn’t just wow for me either. The theme was consistent and fairly subtle, but pretty generic. The best part about it was the MC’s arc, which though a little rushed in places was fairly well constructed otherwise. I really enjoyed…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I’ve also seen Beyond the Mask— I would watch it again, and there were quite a few positive aspects of it, but it wasn’t just wow for me either. The theme was consistent and fairly subtle, though pretty generic. The best part about it was the MC’s arc, which though a little rushed in places was fairly well constructed otherwise. I really enjoyed…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Wow, you have a life again. XD I can’t tonight but I should be able to tomorrow.
@Daeus -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya wow, you really like that don’t you. 😀 I haven’t seen it.
One of my absolute favorite movies ever that I always forget to mention is Henry V. It’s an adaptation of Shakespeare’s play by the same name, and since we’re talking about themes this also handles its theme really well, though more subtly than some. The real villain isn’t…[Read more]
- Load More
