@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Snapper replied to the topic Help With Synopsis in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@hannah-c
I’m warning you; I’m about to be brutally honest and contrary to everything everyone else has said.
This is not a synopsis. Synopsis-es are supposed to be one to two full pages long and are a general picture of what happens in the story including major scenes and major plot lines. They are meant to be sent to an editor or publisher to…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Idea – Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
This poem describes my life…lightbulb!
@bluejay -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
My friends, the time has come for me to retire. Farewell. I have written a grand total of 157 words. Excellent, I know. I shall do better next time. *flies off into the night*
-
Snapper replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 1 month ago
I love coming up with names! What I usually do is take randomly long words from the dictionary and take out random letters from them. I.E. Peradventure would make Paventra. @aella
-
Snapper replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 1 month ago
I love coming up with names! What I usually do is take randomly long words from the dictionary and take out random letters from them. I.E. Peradventure would make Paventra. @aelle
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE HOBBIT!!!!!
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Hobbit wins!!!! @bluejay. So, when do we start?
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dragon wins!!!! @bluejay. So, when do we start?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Yay!!! Golden Star!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus ‘You were wise to seek help from the world most deadly weapon. It’s me.’ Golden star to whoever gets that quote. 🙂 I’m looking at you @bluejay.
A procedure…we-ell.
1. World-building. First thing you’re gonna do is make a map of the world you want. Then, you make a profile on each country including major cities and places that have to…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay I wrote 272 words. Not as much as I would have liked, but I did make it to chapter 16. Considering I started the novel only two months ago, that’s pretty good. *looks at chairs and phone, decides to be nice and not melt them*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus, I see you made it out of that computer alive. 🙂
@kate-flournoy I didn’t do so great, but then again, I was majorly distracted. Grand Total of 91 words. Oy.
@bluejay, did you want to keep writing. I’ll be writing for fifteen more minutes or so, till nine thirty EST> -
Snapper replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess Aw, it doesn’t sound bad. That actually really inspires me. Thank you. 😀 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Is it too late to join, my friends? @daeus @kate-flournoy
-
Snapper replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Wow! You guys respond quickly! @lightningmouse, you hit one of the main points why I write. To write what doesn’t exist. Sure, I’m probably not writing about a story with cyberpunk technology, but if something doesn’t exist, it needs to me made.
I heard it once said, “If there a book you want to read, and it hasn’t been written yet, write it.”…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Wow! You guys respond quickly! @lightningmouse, you hit one of the main points why I write. To write what doesn’t exist. Sure, I’m probably not writing about a story with cyberpunk technology, but if something doesn’t exist.
I heard it once said, “If there a book you want to read, and it hasn’t been written yet, write it.” Don’t ask me who said…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, everyone!
I was just thinking about writing (granted, I’m always thinking about writing, but that’s beside the point). Why do we do it? Why do we want to put a bunch of words onto a page; make remixes of the Dictionary? What motivates us?
Writer’s Block, in my opinion, is just lack of motivation, so, I was thinking that each of us writers…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, everyone!
I was just thinking about writing (granted, I’m always thinking about writing, but that’s beside the point). Why do we do it? Why do we want to put a bunch of words onto a page; make remixes of the Dictionary? What motivates us?
Writer’s Block, in my opinion, is just lack of motivation, so, I was thinking that each of us writers…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, everyone!
I was just thinking about writing (granted, I’m always thinking about writing, but that’s beside the point). Why do we do it? Why do we want to put a bunch of words onto a page; make remixes of the Dictionary? What motivates us?
Writer’s Block, in my opinion, is just lack of motivation, so, I was thinking that each of us writers…[Read more] - Load More
