@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Rook's Book Blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose First, I think the blurb is very interesting. I agree with some of the others; it might be a tad long. And it might add a little something if there was some backstory to Rook’s avoidance of girls. Other than that, I think it’s great!
-
Jenna Terese and
Audrey Caylin are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper YAY! Going there right now!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
Try @mariposa! She’s an amazing artist, and I think she has done illustrating before!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Congrats @dragon-snapper! I’ll let you know when I check it out. Silver Phoenix is a cool name too👍
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Wow, that’s awesome! Hearing that many voices all at once, all singing to God always gives me chills!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 You should definitely look up Sight and Sound. They have only two theaters, one in Branson, Missouri, and the other in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, but they have all of their musicals on DVD and the soundtracks on CD. If you want a quick look into what they do, they have several trailers and behind-the-scenes videos on YouTube.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight Haha! I’m so glad, but – what is, specifically? 🙂
-
Rochellaine started the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi everyone, I’m looking for an illustrator for a couple of children’s books I have written. I think this is the right place to do so…
Well, I don’t think I know anyone well enough to tag, but if you are reading this and you know someone or someone who might know someone else – could you do the tagging for me?
Thanks.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 Are there any other musicals you like? I prefer the older ones, like Oklahoma!, Show Boat, and Roberta.
Have you heard of Sight and Sound Theaters? They do musicals based on Biblical stories such as Jonah, Joseph, and Ruth. They are AMAZING!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 I think I had heard of it before, but I just skimmed through the synopsis on Wikipedia and decided I don’t like it. 🙂
I am a stickler for historical accuracy, and so any blatant portrayal of historical figures by someone who purposefully does not look like them will not interest me. As an example, my family went to see the…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys!
I finally made myself a blog! 😀 Here’s the link to Silver Phoenix
@daeus @kate-flournoy @bethanysinkyroses @dekreel @mariposa @ethryndal @winter-rose @sam-kowal @seekjustice @jenwriter17
And I’m new to blogging, so if you see anything, you all just let me know! I’ll be happy to listen and learn.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 I am left-handed.
Who is Peggy?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus I wouldn’t mind sharing my poems, but the format of this forum is not great for posting poems here. Between every line is a double-space, which would make the poem twice as long as it is supposed to be. If you could recommend how to feasibly post a poem, I can do so.
@kballen Hi! I’m not sure what my favorite food is, but a couple t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@notawriter and @itisastarrynight I like Opera/Operetta because it’s fun to sing, and I love popular songs and musicals from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Especially songs by Bing Crosby, Gordon MacRae, and Jo Stafford. My favorite composer is Jerome Kern, who wrote Show Boat and Roberta.
And of course, the old hymns. My family went to a Chris…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa I am a bit wary of accepting handshakes from anyone who eats books or is friends with a book-eater. Can you give me some assurance that my books will not be eaten before I shake your hands?
I like Andy Griffith in moderation – because I am not very fond of Barney. I like the spin-off, though, Gomer Pyle, USMC.  Bonanza is wond…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Heyo Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Yess! I love dramatic lighting in illustrations! 😀 I would love to learn to draw environments. Something els to add to the massive list of things to practice lol.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice This will probably sound horribly treasonous to most of you here, but my knowledge of Tolkien extends to Leonard Nimoy’s Ballad of Bilbo Baggins and no farther! 🙂  But I would be happy to read some of his poems. Can you recommend any specific ones?
I am in the mid-east of the USA. Think Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virg…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Hello! Hope you feel welcome here 😀
What kind of music do you like? -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Heyo Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@skredder
Cool! I like to sketch with pencils too. Digital art huh? That’s so neat! Id like to learn how to do that someday since my sisters actually have a wacom tablet (technically its partly mine since I pitched in to get it, but its mostly theirs) but so far I’ve not had the patience to learn how to use a drawing program.
What kind of things…[Read more] - Load More
