@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered
Hey that’s really cool! Its so unique! 😀 You’re definitely off to a good start! Just keep asking yourself questions about the world/characters and I know you’ll come up with some great answers 😀 Also for piano it could be like a keyboard that has straps so they can wear it?? Like drums that marching band people carry? Idk haha. -
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight @radically-surrendered @kylie @skredder Thanks so much for your help! I actually used all your ideas to piece together something that might work:
First of all, turning down someone or breaking off an engagement would offend Aunt Maude, yes, but that wouldn’t really explain why Alice or the other girls wouldn’t like her. Th…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radicallysurrendered This is a very interesting idea! I agree with Dekreel in that you need to make sure the plot is interesting as well. I’d definitely live in a place like that, yup. I love music so much. I think using the instruments as magic devices would be really cool.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered And, um, it sounds like so much fun to write… I thought I’d never ask this of anyone, but would you be at all interested in having a co-author?
I understand completely if you aren’t though. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Good idea, because a conductor who plays an instrument will usually conduct with a violin or a piano.
But a piano is best for the Maestro, because a piano can play all the parts at once, so if someone isn’t doing their job, or falls down in the battle, he can pick up their part on the piano.
The piano is used as an…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 There are a lot of cult followings, actually. People who love Star Trek are called Trekkers or Trekkies, there are a lot of people who dress up like superheroes and go to the Comicons. One of my dad’s friends from college has a group of people who (I don’t know what specifically they’re acting out) dress up in fake battle armor a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Wow! That’s a big idea from just a man playing a cello in the woods. 🙂
Ohhh, I just had a crazy idea. What if this book inspired a whole new universe with what they call a “cult following”. You know, with fans who dress up like the characters. They would take tests to see what kind of instrument they are. They would…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Do you play any instruments?
This is what I thought when you said different instruments can be used as different types of weapons:
Harp: A harp ripples and waves, and could be used to draw people closer as a magnet to hear what the Master has to say. (By the way, you might want to call the Master the Maestro?)
Violin:…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered That is an AMAZING IDEA!!! I would definitely read a book like that. I can’t really think of a better word than “follow” either, because that is actually what musicians do when they play in an orchestra: follow the conductor. Another term used could be “perform”, though.
I don’t like the idea of “magic” because every me…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered That’s a fascinating idea!! I think you should try it! It sounds like a world where I’d want to live! I love music. But make sure you find a unique and captivating plot or else it will get a little old. It seems like that to me.
I love this! 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Questions About Modesty in Writing in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Yes, this makes sense. Thanks! I’m beginning to see how I can make this work🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Guardians of Airos blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Yes, I’m am so bad at blurbs. I’ll keep working on it. Thank you for offering your help! ❤ I’ll keep working on it.
@notawriter At first it seems (and Taegan feels) that she’s all alone, but eventually one of the Guardians (Axel) becomes a good friend and another Guardian (Jada) does too, but hers happens more towards the end b…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight *tears rolls down face in gratitude* thank you, friend!
@rochellaine My friend was in dance too and she always thought it was strange that i hated performing, because she and all the other people she knew that were in dance loved it. I’m the same way; I have a hard time starting conversations
YES I LOVE GOATS! I want a horse…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Guardians of Airos blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine the MC’s mentor teaches at Airos Academy (for students wanting to become a Guardian), so he does mentor others, but he took a particular liking to Taegan.
@radicallysurrendered I am planning on changing the antagonist so it isn’t so obvious. I think i’m going to make one of the Guardians the antagonist (a cheerful guy named Keegan),…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, and this was originally just supposed to be a 300-500 word scene based on the picture, but I liked it, and kept writing. So it’s basically a draft, and I might add more onto the beginning or rewrite it or something. 🙂
-
Rochellaine started the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone, I have a story I am working on – it’s about 2000 words long, but I have a major problem…
There’s something wrong with the main character which makes people not want to associate with her. I just don’t know what it is! Here is what I have written so far. Does anyone have ideas?
I don’t want it to be something she has done pe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Optimistic character consistency in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@gabbyj In my first novel I had a character who was for the first few chapters really sweet and good-natured, and always thinking of others before herself. Later, as bad things started happening, she started having trouble keeping up her good-naturedness, but she hid it pretty well so that her brother didn’t notice she was much upset. Finally, s…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths and @kballen Thanks! I think my favorite is actually the giant one because the story is more unusual (can I use that as a synonym for “totally weird”?), but I do like a couple of lines from the dragon poem a lot, such as “I faltered for a moment but/began to argue with the nut,” because it’s so crazy.
@itisastarrynight I’m glad…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight That’s fine 🙂
Her name is…. I haven’t decided. Let’s call her “Peri.” She has pale blue eyes, very short straight blond hair, and large round glasses. She has a steampunk outfit, but not as frilly as Amelia’s outfit 🙂
And if you want I’ll draw one of your characters in return 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Yes, you did a great job! Wow, that’s impressive. I wouldn’t have had the patience to study cloth folds XD
……. Can you draw my character?! XD
- Load More
