@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson I know the difference between manga and anime
But seriously, you should animate your drawings, and make an anime show!!
@perfectfifths I draw the head first, then I do a “nude sketch” of the body and posture (obviously undetailed), and then do the clothing form there.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Haha, okay, I guess people do it in different ways. I rarely plan more than the sparsest of plots, and sometimes even those get changed as I go along. So when I put in chapter breaks, they often get switched back and forth during the editing period. My completion marks are more set where the character decides something or goes so…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young
Oh yeah I thought of another thing.. So I would avoid using super overdone/common superpowers as I think they can turn readers off a little bit. Try to put your own twist on them if you must 🙂
I guess most things have been done but I think there is always new ways to use them. -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young I like mostly American history and culture from about 1910 to 1970. I used to be totally into the Civil War, but I’ve kind of backed off that a little as I got more interested in the 1900s. I do like reading about the Irish Potato Famine, because of the connection it had with the Irish immigration to America. 🙂 I don’t like An…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily I’ve done it both ways. It’s not that important in the first draft, but if in writing it you feel that you really want a chapter break somewhere, you could put it in as a page break and a “CHAPTER” above the text without signifying chapter numbers. Or instead of this you could just put in a line break such as: ~~~. That is what I us…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Great! I like Devan because it makes me think of someone who’s a bit of a rascal, but still confident and commanding.
I also love the name Larik, which was posted here by @daughteroftheking . A regular name that gives me the same impression of character is Zac.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
*stalks this topic*
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Reachers sound cool! 🙂
Haha, one of my characters sees his powers as more of a problem too.
Hmm well I’ve not actually written my story so your guesses as to do’s and don’ts are probably as good as mine.
If (when?)I actually wrote mine though I would want to figure out a way to use the powers as a tool to convey the stories theme and…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I love it! 🙂 Thanks!
@ingridrd Do you have a little more information about your character? Just saying he’s a guy doesn’t explain much. Is he sweet and caring, or tough and distant? Is he big and muscular, and can he fight his own battles, or would he rather be behind a desk? How old is he? I would use these to get a picture and t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing Whoa. DUN DUN DUNNN. I didn’t expect the frog to be….. even with the extension cord! ARGH!
Our Aethasians are: @aislinn-mollisong @lady-iliara @0-0enyali0-0 @xonos-darkgrate @foreverme @silverclaw-bonnetfolly @destiny
There might be one or two others. Not sure 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson Ohh, those are SO cool!! you should do an amine X)
-
Jenna Terese and
Sink are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia What’s what? This topic?
It’s just like “Would You Rather,” but with your characters! If you want to understand it more, go to the first page XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99Â Mmmm, high heels. Just as an experience.
@notawriter Probably be bedridden
@naomijackson Technically she’s already a superhero (sort of) who’s misunderstood XD
@skredder Oooh, spill coffee
@daughteroftheking LOL, umm… She would be okay with both actually…
Would your character rather… be forced to listen to a son…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@the-real-kapeefer Heheh…
When we reach the peak of the hill, we cease our march. There they are: the vast army of Writer’s Block, lined up upon another hill, several arrow-shots away. Their sturdy Shields of Impregnable Solidness and their Swords of Non-Inspiration are already drawn, and gleaming in the blinding sunlight.
As for us, the on…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Cool! I have a story (or the beginnings of one..) with superheros too 🙂
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@naomijackson .. well the first one is pretty much already Tessa’s life.. So I think she would rather the other option
@that_writer_girl_99 high heels 😉
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily Hi! I know you’re on a hiatus, but I really just wanted to apologize for the nickname I gave you. When I made it, I didn’t know that it meant something crude in British. Of course, it’s likely that you don’t get it, but I don’t want to remind you or give you any ideas, whether you know what that word means or not. So I AM SOOOOO SORRY!…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, all right, I’ll say it, too
HI! IMMA KAPEEFER!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfecthfifths Yay! Love it! especially that last one!!!😍
- Load More
