@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Ranking Up? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Hello! I think you said hi to me in my belated hello post, but that’s okay 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder That’s awesome that you were able to help a fellow writer! I’ve met at least three other writers (who were previously strangers) just by wearing my favorite writer shirt that says “It’s okay. Writers should be strange” 😜
I love that ‘mafia’ game! I often play it in big groups with homeschooling friends. I’m never the story teller (so g…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@his-instrument Quoting from my email updates since your post disappeared…
Those are some good names…
Piper is cute, probably my favorite. The only thing is, I think Piper is a character in the Percy Jackson series (though I haven’t read it). Not sure how much popularity that series has right now, or what your goal is for this project, so it m…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, I’m writing for a while. Anyone want to join me?
@seekjustice is usually here around this time, or anyone else?
-
Jenna Terese's profile was updated 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Burn the Castles (Story Synopsis/Back Cover copy–Would you read this?) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@lightningmouse I love vigilantes, so it sounds really interesting to me. (I also love the name Rafe, but that is kind of irrelevant.) 🙂
The synopsis is a little long to put on the back of a book, though I have seen some pretty long book-back synopses. I can’t tell you about saying the same thing in fewer words because I have the tendency to u…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Lol, this happens to me a lot! I’m about to tell a family member that I’m struggling with on-the-nose writing until I remember, “Hmm, they may or may not know what I’m talking about.” It’s nice to talk to other writers. We get each other’s language. 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Little sentence at bottom of posts…….? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Burn the Castles (Story Synopsis/Back Cover copy–Would you read this?) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@lightningmouse Mm-HMM 😀
What genre is it? The title sounds like fantasy, but the synopsis sounds like modern or something…
-
Joy replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Heheh, that’s funny 😀
That’s a good idea!
Okay, this isn’t exactly as funny as yours, but one time I was talking to my aunt about writing, using terms like plotting, themes and character arcs. I didn’t know, until she asked, that she had no idea what a “character arc” was. I had assumed everyone knew the answer XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy FINALLY SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEN STUDIO GHIBLI!!
Which ones have you seen? I have seen Spirited Away, Totoro, Ponyo, Laputa, The Cat Returns, Porco Rosso, From Up on Poppy Hill, Nausicaa, Kiki’s Delivery Service, The Wind Rises, and Arrietty. Laputa is my favorite.
What’s your favorite part of Spirited Away? I can’t pick a favorite part
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I created this topic to share all the funny and weird things that has happened to us being writers. Here’s a couple of my experiences….
I daydream while my mom and another mom-friend talk about their kids’ interests. I’m really not part of the conversation until my mom says, “My daughter writes books.”
Mom-Friend turns to me. “Oh really?…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Little sentence at bottom of posts…….? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Go to your profile page
Click the button under your picture that says “Profile”

Click the “Edit” button

There is a box there that says “Forum Signature.”

Type your message there 🙂 (Can only be 100 or so characters long)
-
Joy replied to the topic Burn the Castles (Story Synopsis/Back Cover copy–Would you read this?) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi, @lightningmouse! I’m glad you’re back! I’m always glad when a long-gone Kapeefer finds his/her way back here 😀
Sounds interesting! So does Rafe want to start a revolution against the government? Is he a part of the government?
I think I would read it 🙂
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Little sentence at bottom of posts…….? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
I’ve noticed that most of the people here have a little, I guess, ‘signature sentence’ or something at the bottom of their posts. Where would I go to do that?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Ranking Up? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@introvert_girl *gasps* I DIDN’T RESPOND TO YOU EITHER! Ugh, I was a very bad responder in the beginning.
Fave books: ones by Chuck Black, Robert Trekillard, Douglas Bond, and C. R. Hedgcock. Fave shows: old shows like Bonanza, Andy Griffith show, Dick Van Dyke show, The Big Valley, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman. Fave movies: the Marvel movies, Karate…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy WELCOME!!! I know you’re gonna love it here! 😊
I like reading and listening to music too. What are your favorite books/authors? Favorite music to listen to? My brother likes to watch anime too; which ones do you watch? I don’t watch anime myself, but I’ve always loved the manga style art. If you’re interested in art, I actually have a…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Ranking Up? in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper OH MY GOODNESS I REALIZE I NEEEEVER RESPONDED TO YOUR GREETING!!!!!!! *hangs head in shame after kicking self* I am so sorry. I figured I’d just answer your questions anyway, even though you might already know the answer.
I don’t think I could pick one favorite book, but I love the books by Chuck Black, Robert Trekillard, and C.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young I love English accents! And yeah, I have found myself speaking like that, too LOL
It’s… a secret project. For now, at least 😉
@rochellaine Cool! Unfortunately she looks nothing like that XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I really like Piper because it reminds me of Piper Laurie, who was really cute in the 1950s:

 However, if your character looks nothing like this, don’t worry, because she’s not that well known anymore, and I don’t think anyone would really connect the name. 🙂I like Peri a little, too.
- Load More
