@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Snapper replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
k
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa XD Now I have a combination of “Shiny” “Rumor Weed” “Cheeseburger” “The Pirates who don’t do anything” and “Hairbrush” stuck in my head.
Not cool.
😉 JK
-
Snapper started the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys!
So, I’m just going to say it…. writing’s been hard lately. I just started another novel–10,000 words through– but as I write, I really have to force myself to keep going. I try to write well, of course, but I feel almost disconnected from my book. I can write as fast as I used to if I force myself to, if I really really try, but I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa AAAAA DON’T GET THE RUMOR WEED SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD! AAAARRRGH

@daughteroftheking 😀 I like it!
-
Joy replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Sounds awesome! Is it set in today’s times?
I would love to read it! 😀
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 hmm well i’m not actually a writer.. Though my mom says me and my sisters are story snobs haha. 😉
@rochellaine SPANISH MOSS IS AMAZING! 😮 😀
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine
Kike skredder, I don’t usually read westerns but it sounds like you’re off to a good start! 😀
I like how the plot doesn’t revolve around her friendship with one of the horses. -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I like that kind of moss too, but I’m talking about Spanish Moss, which is totally different, and even more cool. It’s a kind of moss that grows on the branches of trees and hangs down beautifully and mysteriously.


-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Cool! I love moss too. ‘nature’s carpet’ I call it. 😜I took a picture once of a tree that had a lot of roots exposed (’cause that’s the kind of tree it was) ’cause it looked like something from a fantasy novel.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
This sounds like my kind of book! I love horses and westerns!!! I agree with SeekJustice (and I’ve read a lot of horse books), but I think it could be interesting. 😉👍
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Let’s see…
rev·o·lu·tion
ˌrevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
1. a forcible overthrow of a government or social order in favor of a new system.I guess that means we’re revolting against King @daeus … I’ve heard he has dragons, though, so we should probably keep it a secret. 😀
Maybe I’ll watch some of the shows you suggested and see if I lik…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Finally finished that post. It was really hard, because I’ve never written a synopsis for this particular book before, and I don’t usually figure out the entire plot before I write, but just a general idea. But anyway, it’s there, so if you’d like to see about it, go ahead. 🙂
(I do actually have more plans than what I wrote in th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine started the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
This doesn’t have a name yet, but it is supposed to be a contemporary novel set in the American West with a plot similar to the old Westerns. This is not a book blurb, just an explanation of what it’s about.
Chara (Sh-ah-ra) Doran visits her uncle and aunt in Nevada. She is a five-foot-tall nineteen-year-old who is self-conscious about her s…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hi, thanks for your comments. (I’m assuming it was you.)
I’m planning on editing and finishing the story hopefully in a few days or a week, and then I’ll post the completed version here – I guess for more critique. 🙂
So thanks everyone, and I’ll talk to you about the story in another little while.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Yes. . . More INTJs. . .we are gathering strength. . .soon the revolution will begin. . . .
*a deep, throaty chuckle echoes through the room, slowly crescendoing into an evil laugh*
😀 Anyways. . .
Anime, eh? I can’t say whether I enjoy it or not mostly because I haven’t really seen it much. My experience is limited to My Neighbor Tot…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I have only recently been introduced to character charts, and have only ever done one…but it was fun – and a lot of work. 🙂
I am about to be done now, but I think I’ll post my Contemporary Western in Novel Critiques first. (Can’t stay up too late tonight, because tomorrow’s Sunday.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I totally understand the “I’m not really part of the conversation until my mom mentions I write books” thing. 🙂 I can hear those words from across the house.  Because it’s so common I don’t have as much trouble answering as I used to, though.
Okay, something that my family did because I’m a writer which no one else would do.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia The Doctor (Who-fanfic! ;P ) would rather be on the run with an ally she can’t stand. She loves that 😛
@perfectfifths Ohh, that’s a tough one… Maybe, ooh, never have a birthday again
@aviantrail Bugs. It’s an experience
@catwing She already travels all over the future and past, but if she had to pick… Oooooooooooooh…… If she…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Helooooo! How are you? Just curious; how did you become a staff intern?
- Load More


@jenwriter17 Hi! I’m good. 🙂 Well, I started out by helping a friend whose life had gotten hectic and was having trouble keeping up with the workload at KP. As the months went on, they decided to add me as an intern since my friend still needed the help.