@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42 @perfectfifths @whoever
Bonus points and my undying respect to those of you who can guess these:
Two characters on the telephone:
Character 1: “I’ll be there in an AAAAAAAAAA…!”
Character 2: “In an ‘hour?’ I can’t wait an hour!”
Second quote:
“Dynamic deduction!”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing This will sound like a totally ridiculous question unless you are the person I’m thinking of…
Something you said here about a book you are writing made me want to ask: When you were about twelve years old did you write a book about a detective animal – I think a rabbit?
And illustrate it yourself?
Have you ever been to the HEAV…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Ohh, no…… X’D
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Tell me about the characters! I love hearing about them. What kind of world do they live in? What are their personalities like? How old are they? That way I can give you a story idea based on the characters and the world they live in 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Thanks for commenting! You make some very good points.
Giving Chara a bad experience at home so that she flees to her aunt and uncle’s house to mature and then go back to face the problems at home is a reasonable idea, and I’ve read several books with that premise. My problem with it is if something like that happened to me, I don’t t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 No idea. 🙂 Good quote, though.
@ingridrd Oh, I LOVE the Julie Wright quote! Most people think this is weird, but my form of optimism is often not “Things could be worse,” but “Now that I’ve experienced this horrible thing, I can write about it more correctly.” 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Magic System Idea and Time Loops in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy I think time loops are really cool, though they do kind of give me a headache. 🙂 I don’t really have anything to add, but I’m wondering where you got the idea?
There’s a hilarious episode of Stargate SG-1 that deals with time loops and their quirks called Window of Opportunity. If you’re writing about time loops you might enjoy it, and…[Read more]
-
introvert_girl replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Great! Thanks. 🙂
-
introvert_girl replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m with @sam-kowal taking the survey made me want to implement every answer I came up with, haha. Time to go write better books!
@daeus I’m interested to see the results of the survey. Do you know yet where they’ll be available?
-
introvert_girl replied to the topic Magic System Idea and Time Loops in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
1. I’m going to differ with @Daeus and say I think it’s a cool twist if everyone must use the same element. I think you could come up with other things to differentiate the characters from one another. Maybe fighting styles are a big deal, or people are divided by who trained them to use the magic properly.
2. Do the characters trapped…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano and
Emily D are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04Â Personally I like girls eyes better because boys eyes tend to be angular. I’m more used to drawing girls in general X’D
@catwing That’s good! I like the eyes 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I finally came up with something. 🙂
I think science fiction worldbuilding shouldn’t be as complicated as a lot of us try to make it. When writing science fiction, wouldn’t it be simpler to pick one specific scientific interest which is the basis for your story, and then have the rest of the story be more normal? That would…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What Do You Think Of? in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d I second all the comments above! 🙂
Something I think is interesting about Medieval times is that back then very few people knew how to read, and so almost all news was carried from castle to castle by minstrels who would make up songs about the famous deeds done, and would learn songs from other minstrels to carry the news of those…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Are we supposed to answer the questions as Christian readers, or as readers in general?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Isn’t it, though? I have a tendency to become melodramatic, but I think this really sums up how to write good drama. I know I usually cry more when I watch/read about someone trying not to cry than when they’re sobbing their heart out.
I like your quote, by the way. 🙂
@skredder That’s a great quote! It sounds like a good way to…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99Â Ooh… What kind of advice hasn’t been done yet? Or what advice HAS been done? Any advice that you think we should do? XP
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Oh my goodness I’m so sorry! I had no idea about that rule! I’ll keep that in mind in the future, sorry.
-
Rochellaine and
Kaya Young are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
- Load More
