@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, my horrible western that won’t do what I want it to do. 🙁
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Love triangles are amazing, but horribly heartbreaking, because I always end up wishing the one who wasn’t satisfied had been the one to get the girl/guy. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, I’ll be here for a little while longer.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
When I read in your post that your friend had begged you to get Chessy and Justice together I cringed a bit, because I’m not sure whether I really ship that pairing. 🙂
One reason for that is possibly because she obviously chases him the whole way through and I don’t think that’s ladylike – but then, neither is fighting battles,…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 …What is Young Writer’s Workshop? Is it like KP?
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking @dragon-snapper I shall save you!
*ahem…*
Tinky Winky, Dipsy, LaLa, Po!
Teletubbies, Teletubbies, say “EH-OH!”
MWAHAHA!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Making Up Words in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Maybe for the magic tricks you could do something like this:
<insert name>–Porta
For the second one I’d suggest Kore-Porta, but I don’t have any ideas for the other ones o_o
Could you describe the trinkets in more detail?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Oh my goodness. This is horrible, but horribly funny! 🙂
I was reading lines from a play by W. S. Gilbert (One of my favorite authors) and one of the lines seemed to me to be what your characters from Stars Fill Infinity would say to you…
“When the process of extermination begins, let our deaths be as swift and painless as you c…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice I read your post! 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 As much as I would love to join… I’m currently trying to save my coins for other writerly things. (laptops and conferences and retreats) So…I’m going to stick with KP. BUT HAVE A GREAT TIME YONDER!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Making Up Words in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo Thanks for tagging me. I’m really sorry, but I don’t feel comfortable getting that involved with magic.
The way I usually make up words, though, is to take two words and mash them together, mixing up a few letters and leaving out some others. I make several combinations until I am happy with the results.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin @daeus
So… how long do these breaks usually last??@jenwriter17 I got that reference. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin Certainly would be nice. XD Laws.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Audiobooks (and all the jazz) in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@christi-eaton Jim Weiss does some very enjoyable versions of G. A. Henty’s books. However, he does edit them to ensure they can be heard by children, which some might think is a good thing, and others a bad thing. 🙂 (I usually prefer the unabridged versions.)
I don’t listen to audiobooks much, but when I do I go to librivox.org for free…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 lol, that thought did cross my mind, but I checked everywhere. ???????
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know that one, but I think I do know the one Louise Fowler posted over a month ago which no one answered…
@perfectfifths, is it Fezzik from The Princess Bride when he and Inigo are trying to find the “Man in Black?”
Anyone know this one? (We can do books, too, right?)
“He calls me a crow, because my hair is black…”
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d I’ve actually had the same problem before. I get really attached to my babies….
Anyway, is she not able to save any parts of the story at all? Maybe brainstorm some more to make it where she’ll like it? If not, then I think putting them in another story should be okay, though I think it should probably be in the same genre as they were…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I love all of your quotes!❤👍
@mariposa I like Charles Spurgeon too. Have you read his morning and evening devotional book?
-
Jenna Terese started the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t think this is the right place to ask this question, because it’s really for KP staff (maybe I should’ve sent an email?), but here goes anyway.
I was trying to access KP from my tablet, but unlike my laptop, it doesn’t remember my log in info because I never had it do that before. I had my password written on a piece of paper and I typed…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Wow, Rochellaine covered it pretty well, lol.
Some babies might be deep sleepers, but they frequently wake up in the middle of the night and cry for attention (I have two younger siblings), so I don’t know if saying the baby was a deep sleeper is enough (it’s also been a while since my siblings were babies). I like the idea of a false…[Read more]
- Load More
