-
Joy replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@the-real-kapeefer I wonder why Anna doesn’t love the community… There’s no reason why one wouldn’t love the community. Unless the person is extremely realistic and serious
But I won’t prod any further *shrug*
-
valtmy replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I think you’re right! I forgot about the Three Musketeers… Hmm… it’s fine I suppose. I should still probably be able to make this idea work.
Actually, now that I think about it one of my characters could sort of fall into the creepy stalker stereotype rather easily. He’s an artist who thinks of the girl as his muse and spouts…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago

@the-real-kapeefer @aratrea @daeus @michael-stanton @Anna @Mackenzie (Right? Or is that @sierra-r ?) @epicaddie2 @clairec @rochellaine @dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @kapeefers
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Great point about conflicting goals. I’ll work on figuring that out.
I agree with you that a romantic relationship should not automatically fix her issues. But it also shouldn’t be just tacked on because I want her to be in a romance. The guy can’t just be there as a love interest, but he has to be a real person who helps with th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Ohh, I give out teasers, not spoilers! Yes, that is a snake, but you’ll never know if she gets snake bit till you read the actual book! 😀 Glad you liked the collage, though. Should I make some for the characters?
@jenwriter17 It has a free version for which you don’t even have to sign up. The more advanced version costs som…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Your Online Notebook here in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@devastate-lasting Hey this looks really cool! 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I use Paint when I right-click on a picture I have saved to crop the picture, and I use befunky.com to make collages and edit photos. Befunky.com is great! I’ll have to look up canva.com.
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Ooh I think I remember seeing that thread now that you mention it! 😉
Ehehehe.. ehem. *composes self* Owen is one of the main characters in a middle grade book series called Story Thieves. (My favorite book series at the moment) The author is James Riley. And he is the biggest sweetie! Owen, not James.. Well maybe James is too…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@joisebeth Welcome, welcome! To the Kingdom of Pen! 😉 We’re excited to have you. Do you have a favorite author by any chance? 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@joisebeth Yeah, I like old movies and tv shows, but I was actually talking about old songs. 😀 Singers like Doris Day, Dean Martin, and Judy Garland. Do you ever listen to the old songs from our grandparents’ time?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Oh, and you asked if there were any romance cliches we like…I actually like practically all cliches and I love stereotypes! So that’s a hard one. 😀
Okay. My favorite is probably when the guy rescues the girl. I’m fine if the girl rescues the guy sometimes, but I really like the girl who is strong emotionally, but gets into ph…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy One place I have heard of that made a stalker less creepy was when Q chases Captain Janeway around in Star Trek: Voyager. Q is an alien with strong powers and can appear and disappear at will, as well as snap his fingers and give her flowers, or whatever. Her second-in-command is freaked out by this, because Q could obviously just ta…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Thanks guys for all your inputs! I have quite a few “bad romance” ideas now though I think I will need to write multiple books if I want to cover everything here.
But now I’m also thinking of presenting a “good example” of a romantic relationship in my story… This is weird to ask considering the title of this thread but are there any specific…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a Kapeefer when Google Chrome shows not one, but two recommendations of the KP website as the “most visited” pages:

-
Snapper replied to the topic Your Online Notebook here in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@devastate-lasting This is so cool! I love the concept– I wish I weren’t so internet paranoid though. XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 So do I! The images section contains gold!
But…I actually used a personal picture in this one. @kaya-young If you’re interested, here’s a collage I made for my western:

-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Blogging… in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 7 months ago
@catwing I’m sorry, I don’t have much advice to give you. I don’t really follow blogs, though I do randomly binge-read fashion blogs. 🙂 (Is binge-reading a thing like binge-watching? Or did I just make that up?)
However, I absolutely love the format of @seekjustice ‘s blog. It’s one of the nicest blogs I have seen. 😀
I agree with Eliz…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Totally agree about the kissing. That’s what I was going to say. A timid hand-hold or hair-push-back is much more romantic to me than a sudden weird kiss.
There is one other thing I never can decide if I love or hate. It’s when the sidekick falls in love with the heroine, but she has no eyes for anyone but the hero, so he un…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
Ooh…wrong tag. @joisebeth
- Load More
