@hybridlore
Active 1 week, 2 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Ack! Awkward romantic moments!
Tell me straight that guys never noticed a girl is pretty. lol.
It’s realistic, and it could have been far worse. My aim is to keep any romance clean and God honoring.
Here’s some more I finished editing up. I’m still working on the rest, but I thought I might as well…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Alan has had his memory whipped by before
I noticed that, but once you did it two times in a row I thought I’d mention it.
No problem on time. I was just being annoying as ordered. If I get too annoying tell me to stop. lol.
I am excited to hear what happens though!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @keilah-h @theshadow
And here is part two of what I posted today.
Aaron had just finished leading a time of prayer in the Great Hall, when there was a disturbance at the door. Several people in the room shifted, and Aaron looked about, trying to find the source of the disruption.
All at once, people scrambled back from the…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @keilah-h @theshadow
Ok, I started braking this one into a few more sections because it flowed better. Here are two, and I’m going to work on the rest.
Days passed, and every night the enemy tried to terrorize those who stood on the walls, chanting war songs, battle cries, or threats, launching stones or flaming projectiles…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Oh man. What did I say. Come on Alan, get some sense in your silly head!
My only complaint in this one would be A.) You used “whipped” instead of “wiped” (a mistake I myself often make which is why I caught it, lol) and then the Do not, would not, will not, etc. Like I’ve said before, it doesn’t fit with the style of the…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Not to be to pushy, but are you ready to rp, or are you not inspired?
-
Ruth's profile was updated 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
also that’s an awesome name for the Skwadron. Any in universe reason why the word is spelled with “SK” instead of “QU” or was it just for fun?
There is no q in the Realn alphabet. Therefore, there is no ‘q is always followed by u’ rule. To recreate this specific sound, they use the runes for k and w together. From Realn to English, W…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle yeah flat characters are no fun lol.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint I can get behind the not wanting to be baptized in front of everyone thing. I’ve been a Christian for as long as I can remember and am just considering being baptized (mostly because I’m almost an adult and would like that to be my first decision made as an adult, to show I’m not just doing it because my parents did it), and…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Nonhuman Sentient Beings in the forum Fantasy 2 years, 2 months ago
@theshadow I’ll get together those drawings soon!
also sift through my ideas and see if I can dredge up some more facts about the creatures. They were super fun to come up with.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint ooh awesome!!
@rae ahh ok! Yeah it’s a little more intuitive, but hard to get used to. also that’s an awesome name for the Skwadron. Any in universe reason why the word is spelled with “SK” instead of “QU” or was it just for fun?
@everyone else I know I said I was going to judge today, but I’m not sure if everyone who did a…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I also like to see the variety of personalities in different characters as they become Christians.
YES! Flat characters are no fun.
Prediction: Something dangerous is just around the corner.
What would ever make you say that……………?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Phew! That’s a lot about horses. I think I will grab everything you said about them and save it in a document for future reference. In case you could not tell, Martha likes horses and would definitely know all of this, so in order to have her talk about it, I will need to know it. Thank you for typing this all out!
You’re w…[Read more]
-
Ruth's profile was updated 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Ok, i finished reading everything you have written and here are my notes.
Chapter 6
Roof, the poor kid has someone aiming a crossbow at him all day? That won’t make him nervous by any means. Oh no, he’ll be cool as cucumbers. 🙄
I KNEW the crow was the spy. I am sure of it now! Creepy.
Oh man, Phil is the oldest of my bro…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
boomerangs?
Mandin and Nahim’s Space Skwad Skwadron.
also how come you use 21:00? You’re not in the US? (You don’t have to say specifically where you’re from.)
Actually, I’ve never left the US before. I just started using 24-hour time because it’s more practical. Still trying to make it like second-nature though.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@rae boomerangs?
also how come you use 21:00? You’re not in the US? (You don’t have to say specifically where you’re from.)
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Mandin isn’t most the time, except playful punches that feel more like a tap than a punch. The thing is, the Boomerangs were messing around in my head, having some fun and Nahim got hurt. Mandin is considered very strong even for a Realn, so he tries to be careful and not hurt people, but he used a little too much strength and…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago

- Load More
