@hybridlore
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ruth replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
As you know, I’m not a guy, but I do like to write guys and I have two brothers (technically three, but he doesn’t count)
Just as a tip in general, it helps to think about the roles God made a man or a woman to fill. Woman are the emotionally unstable mothers, while men are the factual, rational fathers who keep the wives from…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Looks like yours is Sept. 21, 2022! You’re only one month off from me!!
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Thank you, and congrats too! 🥳
I go to my page, topics, and scroll down to my first ever post which was on the Start Here forum. ;]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Yeah, and I feel like it hasn’t been that long, lol. 😅 These years have gone by way too fast.
And wowzy! Happy early KP birthday lol!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
woah that means mine must be 2 years too! Where do you see it?
-
Esther replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I’m obviously not a guy, but my advice would be to find a happy medium between those two extremes. (Unless he actually would be on one end of the spectrum). Try to think of him as simply a character. Keep in mind that he’s a guy, but don’t get so caught up in that that you give him a reaction that isn’t consistent with his per…[Read more]
-
whaley posted an update 2 years, 2 months ago
Almost 3000 posts/replies. This means I post 1500 times a year on average, or 125 posts a month.
…I think most of those happened in my first year XD And I guess it’s not that much when you think about it. Small replies to different topics and the like. -
HighScribe posted an update 2 years, 2 months ago
‘Teenagers’ (by Andy Gullahorn) is genuinely one of the funniest songs I’ve ever heard. And the way he sings it, he sounds so serious, it just cracks me up XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
You’re right – personality is soo a part of interpreting mental process. Even if it only covers the surface.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
That’s crazy! I just checked, and my KP birthday is August 10th… 2 years 🙃
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
But Turin and Edwin died.
I’m just telling the story.
lol.
I knooow, I’m sorry for questioning the fabric of the story 😂😅 But I think we can all agree that these stories come from our minds, and sometimes we need to adjust our inventions. I’m not saying you have to change their deaths, I’m pointing out how I as the reader feel a…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Oh, and does he look cocky? You mention his being prideful, is it obvious by looking at him? I love drawing character with a slight smirk but I want to make sure that is in line with his character if I do lol
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
oh ok this sounds cool!
I think I’ll draw him as a prince, could you describe his hair and features a little more? I mean I can use creative liberties, but like how long is his hair?
Also, would you describe him as being a little bit rough around the edges prince or really trim and neat?
For instance, Aragorn is a king that…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
But Turin and Edwin died.
I’m just telling the story.
lol.
We’re a good two-thirds (?) through.
I’m not gonna change what happened to them. That would change the whole story!
I’ll look back and try to add some fun scenes with Turin and Aaron…. if I can find an appropriate place.
Glad he’s reacting well.
I like how all his…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @highscribeofaetherium @thearcaneaxiom @theloonyone @stephie @theshadow @theducktator @keilah-h @grcr @hybridlore @calyhuge @koshka @freed_and_redeemed @lightoverdarkness6 @esther-c @folith-feolin @otherworldlyhistorian
Awesome! This is perfect.
Ok, I have one. This will be mostly for guys, but if any girl’s have ideas…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
August 21st is my KP birthday—I will have officially been on here one whole year lol
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Ah! A much needed topic! I have way too many guys that act like girls. 😅😭 Definitely subscribing.
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I do feel uncertain about killing off Edwin and Turin. I understand Edwin, but both guys? It feels like half the cast has died and there isn’t much left in terms of motivation for the reader.
Reading the earlier chapters, I expected Aaron and Turin to develop a friendship which would become a staple of the book until at least…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@rae @theshadow @highscribeofaetherium @linus-smallprint @grcr @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h
btw, how does August 21 sound as a due-date. It’s two weeks from today.
- Load More
