@hybridlore
Active 5 days, 22 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Haha! Good to know.
So then, since you said something, does that mean your aren’t happy? Maybe a little stressed?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
and you’re welcome! I’m almost finished with my tenth book. It’s a picture book, so not much in the way of like drafting and writing and stuff.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I think “damsel in distress” can very easily be messed up because it automatically takes away the damsel’s agency in the situation, usually speaking. But I would love to see situations where it isn’t so biased towards the damsel’s savior – like maybe the damsel holds the emotional weight of the story in her hands, to…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle Not likely with me, usually. If I don’t like something, I’m quite vocal about it.
You should see me yelling at the screen while playing Minecraft or something and my creatures aren’t going where I want them.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Silence could also mean it’s so bad that you can’t even find something to say.
haha!!!
Oh, thank you so much!!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I agree.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
also congratulations on the book you published!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle lolllll
I mean, if I don’t have anything to say, that means it must be good, right????
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@smiley ohhhh my friends used to read those a lot! I recognize it, though I never read it myself.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle yeah it’s so much more reasonable when you have context and the proper meaning of the word is used (I’m sure you know all about the newspeak dilemma where people, especially important people, use one word when they really mean something else, in order to control or to convince others to do something they normally wouldn’t). I…[Read more]
-
Smiley replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@keilah-h
thanksand in the first on there’s Winter
she’s literally known as the most beautiful girl on the moon
she’s also very bubbly and a little socially awkward
and the guard she mentions is her best friend (who she’s in love with) Jacin
and then in the second fic there’s Carswell Thorne but everyone calls him Thorne
and he’s basi…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
You’ll have to read more to find out. lol
Oh completely. In the actual book they are in a completely different font and are indented. KP wouldn’t let me indent them, so I guessed Italicizing would have to do.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I agree with you…. but if you look at the old original damsel in distress stories, the girl was often a strong woman, but she was defeated and captured by a man, or held captive by evil in some way. (Totally reasonable.)
I think as women it can be easy to balk when we hear that term because of what society has been telling…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle wowwwww! I don’t know what to say. Will he die? will he live?? I must know!!!
also, a good idea would probably be to separate the writing in his letters out with an indent or with centered text as opposed to the normal look:
After some time, Aaron took up the quill and began to write, unsteadily at first, but growing…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@smiley that was funny, who are the non-marvel characters again?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
all that to say, I really don’t like the damsel in distress trope cause it implies that being “in distress” is all the character’s good for.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle ok but HOW is a damsel in distress cool??
The whole “in distress” thing, from what I’ve seen, has kinda been turned into “I am a pansy and will faint or something at the very sight of blood or even a grasshopper.”
I really don’t think every female character should be the “rarrrr I’m a warrior and you can’t say no to that” kind…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years ago
I love him! Such a sad life. But a redeeming end.

- Load More
