@hybridlore
Active 5 days, 20 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@whalekeeper CHARRIE TEAMS YESSSSSSS
The Guardians of the Galaxy. The Bad Batch (technically they’re a ragtag group of misfits if you really think about it). Team Fortress (I won’t talk about them much here, but it doesn’t change the fact that they completely fit the description). The Dragonets of Destiny from Wings of Fire (again, won’t talk…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
yeah, I’m agreeing with @esther-c on this one.
it’s ok to mess around with the “societal norms” as long as you’re not messing with the Biblical roles. That second one’s kinda the whole problem with people these days who believe they can switch between the two (or that there’s a myriad of genders rather than simply two predesigned ones). That’s…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
I love how that soldier–Adrian, I think?–wants to learn more about Aaron’s beliefs after he saw how brave he was before dying.
The fact that you have a story where the main character dies and the POV switches is nice for me too, because I have a story idea where something like that happens and now I have an idea of what to do.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@theshadow Right now it’s going terribly lol, but at least it’s kinda going….
also, would you mind if I gave you a little challenge concerning my writing??
nobody I’ve asked has said yes to this, and I’m sure you won’t either, but you’re one of the like 5 people I have shared this story with so……
@smiley oh cool!! there are graphic novels?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
btw, it won’t let me share it. It’s a PDF and I can’t get it on here.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Wow. You make Sanderson’s books look short.
*Bows* thank you!
So why include this Epilogue in book one then?
Um, because I like it. Is it bad? I can cut it. I just felt like it was a nicer ending the Sabina crying, plus I have a seven year jump ending in the next one, and a several year jump in the last one.
(I have a f…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
@whalekeeper @ellette-giselle wowww those are so cool!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Not your fault at all. I just lost my own personal race.
Yes, I can send the whole thing in just one sec. I’m going to lock it down tho, just because KP is somewhere anyone can get onto, so you won’t be able to do anything but read. Not even copy and paste. Hope you don’t mind.
So Aaron held on to the end, and he…
-
Esther replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
I could not ignore how cute those cartoons turned out!! 🥰 Love them!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I subscribed to this topic so I keep getting notifs 🤪
But this is an interesting conversation. I think I can agree with both points you ladies are making.
Yes, men and women have roles predetermined by God. I’m not going to marry some guy who relies solely on me to protect and provide for our family. (Nothing against stay-at-home dads, but you k…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
My brother would most certainly not be smiling. He’d be saying, “What the heck are you doing?”
Lol XDXD I get that. The brother would think she’s crazy at first and he’d be scared for her, but it’s still a gesture of love.
If she was going to go with him, at all, she should go as a nurse or something and work behind battle lines…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Uh… no.
My brother would most certainly not be smiling. He’d be saying, “What the heck are you doing?”
If she was going to go with him, at all, she should go as a nurse or something and work behind battle lines.
Out of curiosity, do you have a brother?
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Of course, in the best scenario. Do you see how going with him represents victory over her fear? Can you imagine the smile on her brother’s face when she insists on doing everything he has to do, right alongside him? Even if it isn’t the best thing that could have happened?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I understand your point about extremes, but I still believe there are better ways for Bonnie to show love and support.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
@mineralizedwritings
Oh yes, it’s totally nostalgia XD But you might like it because it has the mystery of happening underground in mines. The deeper you go, the stranger things get, and the melancholy of a lost world keeps popping up in the music or background art. It is very immersive. -
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Yes, staying home and giving support would be best in a perfect world. I totally get that. But it’s all about Bonnie’s mindset, WHY is she doing this?
Bonnie hides behind all the traditional supportive things because those are the safe things, everyone expects you to do them and her brother has a hard time believing it’s…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years ago
Oh my goodness crazy.
She’s gonna need a translator if you keep that up.
Plus, it’s just a weird mix of old and modern English. (lol)
Let the expert take a hand.
The time hath come for thou to submit thy character description. Writeth one whenst thou art ready and tageth the artists
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years ago
Oh my goodness crazy.
She’s gonna need a translater if you keep that up.
Plus, it’s just a wierd mix of old and modern english. (lol)
Let the expert take a hand.
The time hath come for thou to submit thy character description. Writeth one whenst thou art ready and tageth the artists
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
No, Bonnie is being a little stupid at that point. She should completely and whole heartedly encourage and support her brother, (as long as he’s doing what’s right.) But that doesn’t mean she should take his weapon and go charging into war for him, or even take a weapon and go charging into war with him. She has many other things she…[Read more]
- Load More
