@hybridlore
Active 3 days, 3 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
I give you the stamp of approval. 🏅 But you already know that, since rubberhose is my favorite.
-
whaley replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
If you ever finish yours, I’d still like to see it! I now it’s too late for you to enter, but I’m very curious.
Honestly I think it revealed too much about one of my characters. And as you know, I am quite skittish to post such things. XD
Congrats, this topic rose in popularity again! I’m glad everyone is having fun! And this whole family…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Aaaand I shall cross my arms and back away from this, because I have roleplayed enough already.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rae @grcr @raxforge
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Group 1)
Without waiting for the group to disappear over the rooftops, Marcel ran at the ironwalker he had previously maimed.
His opponent horizontally sliced its broadsword. Marcel leapt onto the hilt and quickly stuck his hand into the elbow joint. As…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I don’t like Roger Williams (founder of Rhode Island and my distant ancestor) because he was too soft on theology. He also got kicked out by the Puritans and that’s never a good sign. And for all his pomp about religious freedom in Rhode Island, the church density there is lower than in North Carolina, where I live. So yea…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Thank you! Yes, Welsh, Irish, Scotch, and old Briton legends are very similar in that vein. Oh yeah. I hate Tinkerbell fairies. I think theres a time and a place for cute little flower fairies like Cicely Mary barker drawings, but those are by no means Fey.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed the ending! Wow, to hear that the…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
well also you can’t really talk about church density NOW as opposed to in the past….y’know?
pretty much about the entire country is really skewed when it comes to that these days….
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@calyhuge whoa he was your ancestor? As much as you might dislike him, you gotta admit that’s cool.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@power @ellette-giselle lollll this conversation has me just sitting here on the sidelines watching, I would be eating popcorn but I’m not a huge fan of popcorn, unless it’s popcorn chicken so maybe that’s what I’m eating.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@rae thank you!!
- glad I wasn’t disqualified lol
- confusion in writing is what I’m good at for some reason XD XD
- honestly though, I can see why you think this reads like a chunk of a larger story rather than a short story, cause it kinda is. I wrote it for practice and to maybe one day turn it into a larger storyline, cause that’s how I craft…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Oh, no they don’t. They have PLENTY! You should see them, with a group of guys after church, or even with each other. Just because a man knows how to treat a woman doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have fierceness and wildness and roguery.
And, if you imply that they don’t, I may have to slap you. I don’t take kindly to slights against my…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
wow. Thanks you!
No I thought you’re was so good, and after that ending I had literal chills and I was like, “oh, that’s the one!”
-
Liberty replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yeah, I seriously thought you’d get 1st place. And you did!
Wow. I’m super honored you thought I might potentially win. I guess it’s that self-comparing thing, perhaps not a quality character trait to have. It’s something to work on internally.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Really!? You thought i was going to win?! I thought you or elshavit would!
Okay, I’ll give a longer deadline.
I’m currently pushing to finish a chapter in a book I’m writing, but I’ll think of one after that.
-
Liberty replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Thank you!!! I love all of your feedback to us writers!
Congratulations!!! *confetti spraying everywhere* I was thinking you might win after I read your story! Perhaps you can give the prompt now, but give it a longer deadline since some people couldn’t finish their story on time (like me!)
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Actually, they have never put me in a headlock or threatened to put something nasty on me. (though they have done such things to one another.) They have poked me or kicked me under the table, but nothing horrid like you were suggesting. They are gentlemen in the highest regard. Mom and Dad taught them that. They said they are not allowed…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Well of course I’m reading it. XD
I wasn’t sure. I’m so happy though! I’ll tag you from now on.
You know if it is a threat that’s practically a dare for me to do bad things to him. lol.
(Good thing for you this is the 3rd draft and I’m not changing major plot points.)
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes! and I feel really bad for them!!!!
My brothers are never so mean. At least, not to us girls. They do terrible things to each other though, but around us they are true protective knights.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks! I’ll count you in!
- Load More
