@hybridlore
Active 1 week, 4 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
NOOO! Grammar is sooo much fun though!
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Wholesome Exclamations in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Some of my pets are “Good grief” which can be an exclamation, a groan, or an angry shout. Also “Shoot,” “Arrrrgh!” (Like a pirate,) which can be used in times of frustration. “Blast” “Oh Blast” and “Blast it!” which are all British. Also “Cripes” or “Crikey!” and also “Fay’s teeth!” (A dangerous type of fairy in Scottish…[Read more]
-
HighScribe posted an update 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle
I saw in your bio that you do martial arts. What kind do you do?
(I also luuuuuuuv weapons) -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @rae @keilah-h @highscribeofaetherium @esther-c @koshka @theducktator @theshadow @linus-smallprint @grcr @freed_and_redeemed
I just finished a new character……. I think he’s gonna be one of my favorites!

-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 2 months ago
SKIRTS ARE THE BEST. XD I don’t know your personal reasons behind them, but I can easily rant on this. Not only do they look the nicest and are wonderfully comfortable, but they’re the Biblical plan for women’s clothing – after all, God’s daughters should look like princesses. (Note: the “modest apparel” in 1 Timothy 2:9 i…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
“break” not “brake”. “Brake” is like brakes on a car, “break”
Ok has anyone discovered my weak-point yet? Just take a look above and you will know the one thing I CAN NEVER GET RIGHT FOR THE LIFE OF ME! Grammar is…….. grammar is horrid.
-
HighScribe and
Ellette Giselle are now friends 2 years, 2 months ago -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Thank you!! Yes, It took a minute to kick the plot off the ground, but I wanted the slower start. This way the action could actully build and not be overwhelming. Ya know.
Ah, so is Turin the favorite?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Ok, see this one has a feel that I might like this character. Hans’ was just dark and repulsed me at once. Idk why, it just did.
These are so cool though!
Btw, when are you going to do a cover release?
Thank you! I’m glad you’re interested! I’ll let you know when it’s published.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 2 years, 2 months ago
Mandin: Stripes. The others often are to crazy.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @freed_and_redeemed
I have another snippet! This scene is like my new comfort scene. It gives me warm fuzzies inside.
(Set just after Tauren and Lesli exit into the outside world, and have relaxed a little)
Tauren watches the water ripple, blurring his reflection into itself. A couple small fish flit through the water.…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Lol idk why it took me so long to realize with your dragon people!
Is it a clone wars and wings of fire mashup fanfic series??
Or not? I just realized that could be. Youve probably told me what it was before anyways 😅
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Wholesome Exclamations in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
It’s hard to find ones that sound natural, especially for really riveting situations.
I could suggest ‘Snap!’ or ‘oh snap!” because I never think of swear words when I hear them, but no character in their right mind would exclaim such a thing during the climax. How about a scream of desperation? Seriously, it’s a real thing. There’s video’s of…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings changed their profile picture 2 years, 2 months ago
- Load More


I do one that my dad designed. He is an instructor and he combined several different martial arts and took from them all the best ones for self defense and protective fighting.
(there is some competition too)
I forget the name he gave it. (whoops)
Yes, weapons are the best! I like the sword in particular. the bow is fun, and so is staff and JO…[Read more]
Neat, that’s really cool! I do karate, but also a little escrima, jujitsu, hapkido, and taekwondo.
The only weapon I do is escrima sticks, but I really want to start sword fighting and archery. I’m hoping to find somewhere that does swords in my area, but if not, I’ll have to resort to training myself off YouTube XD
Nunchucks and flails, are,…[Read more]
Oh you should see my dad with nunchucks and flails. It is SCARY!! They go so fast and he decimates the training dummies! It’s scary.
Here’s the thing. You know what’s better than nunchucks and requires basically zero training? A STICK.
So yes, someone who is trained with nunchucks could be effective with them, but an untrained person with a stick could be just as, if not more effective. If you put a guy with nunchucks vs a guy with a regular stick, the stick is almost def…[Read more]
Idk. I’ve seen some pretty wild stuff that a guy with trained nunchucks can do. (including ripping weapons out of people’s hands.”
I did say that a trained person could be effective with them. I haven’t heard of doing disarms with them, though I don’t doubt you. I still don’t think that justifies them being a good weapon.