@hybridlore
Active 1 week ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi Min!
Yes, Thankfully I have found it the same here! For me I used to not really speak what I thought when asked. I would just shrug or brush it aside, but I started feeling guilty about it. I came to the place where I knew I needed top say what I really believed. So I did. And the first time I did I was nearly blown to pieces with the…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago

-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago

-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Ah, pictures seem to be back…
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago

-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I like Ellette’s idea. So my first vote would go to that…
But then my second vote would be for the whole POV to be Mandin.
😄
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Ooo, I love these scenes. I find it most satisfying as a reader if you do a mix of both. Go from one point of view to another. Keep it fluid, but let us feel both characters struggles and grief.
So like this:
Good sized chunk about Nahim. (two to five paragraphs i would say, or somewhere around there)
***
Good sized chunk about…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
I guess so.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Probably should put some tags on this:
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @calyhuge @linus-smallprint @theducktator @esther-c @grcr @lightoverdarkness6 @idk
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Aw, thank you! That really means a lot to hear you say that!
Yes, @linus-smallprint is mean for doing that, (lol), but the cliff hanger wasn’t a huge shock. I kinda started to suspect and I guessed she knew something about his parents the minute she got all weird about his name. I need you to hit me with something harder if you want…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
and here’s some more……
That night, as Aaron lay in bed, he wondered how soon he and the others would be up and on the walls. He dreaded another long night, yet he knew it was necessary to keep the enemy at bay. As his eyes began to close, Aaron whispered softly in the darkness, “Thy will be done Father, Thy w…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi Min!
Yes, Thankfully I have found it the same here! For me I used to not really speak what I thought when asked. I would just shrug or brush it aside, but I started feeling guilty about it. I came to the place where I knew I needed top say what I really believed. So I did. And the first time I did I was nearly blown to…[Read more]
-
Ruth started the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
As some of you may know, I’m currently writing a type of sci-fi fantasy titled Guardian Angels, a space story. The main main character is Nahim, and the side character who kinda stole part of the spotlight is his best friend, Mandin. The antag is a king named Vorgan. Nahim and Vorgan are not only from warring nations, but also have personal g…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
I hope you don’t mind me reading your conversation above lol
Man it sounds like you’ve had kind of a rough time in the past with sharing opinions ect. People on Kp are pretty good with not being ‘reactive’ if you know what I mean. Like when you’re talking abt politics and the other person starts raising their voice, cutting you…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
ok, took a second because I opened the doc and found it was covered in edits I forgot to fix yesterday……. sorry.
When Aaron arrived at the great hall, the people turned worried eyes on him. Aaron walked across the bridge that had been constructed from the rubble to the large stone in the middle of the water. He…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint ooh Charles is Alan’s father? Interesting!
Also that’s horrible what they did to Oliver and his brother. (I’m really hoping he doesn’t like betray them or anything. He’s one of my favorite characters so far. Partially because he’s a lizard and I love lizards, and partially because I greatly enjoy his accent lol)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@rae so kinda both? Like a form of self-insert?
I’ve done kinda the same thing before too. It’s why I always wrote Huntress’s POV in the roleplays from first person–she’s partially built off a heavily distorted me, and thus I find it much easier to write her from the inside rather than from externally.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle lol my parents want to know what it’s like to live in Europe for a month or two.
Only time will tell if we will ever actually do that.though.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Right, I wouldn’t want them to get physical before marriage either. I guess I just know guys can have odd thought posses about things like this, and I was trying to make it more realistic. Believe me, it makes me cringe when guys think that way! lol. I can cut that.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Yay!!!
Ok, here we go.
I disagree with Oliver. I think There is no excuse for doing evil.
Oh man, poor Oliver. That’s so depraved! Oh no!!! What if the Lyen king tries to do the same thing!!!!! Oh man!
Oh because Martha’s father is the one who found the wizard in the woods, and the wizard was Alan’s father! It’s…[Read more]
- Load More
