@hybridlore
Active 1 week ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I’m glad you liked it! Yeah, it is sad. Poor Edwin. and poor Turin of course. Poor Sabina too!
And the “feeling like he’s a failure, stemming from pride” actually makes a weird amount of sense.
I know right?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle @thearcaneaxiom ooh I remember that scene, that was a really good show.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
also great moodboards!
And the “feeling like he’s a failure, stemming from pride” actually makes a weird amount of sense.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle ooh wow! Super sad, but still a great job showing the harsh reality of death in war, especially on the losing side.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Yup. Sure is, and the funny thing is, if you told him he was being prideful he’d look at you like you were crazy. He thinks that he’s a failure at the moment, and he’s not realizing that this stems from his pride.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
This is a realistic reaction from Aaron. He sees himself as a failure and has suddenly had more responsibility shoved on to him than he thought he would get. He does not feel ready and hides, lest he bring down others with him.
Yes! And, (spoiler kinda) he’s unintentionally beginning to see himself as Ardenta’s savior which is…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
but she will refuse to read anything I write until I improve my grammar.
Do I know what that’s like or what! lol.
I can’t say to much about this at the moment, but for now, know that this is nec for the story.
Ok…… I trust you.
Maybe.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@keilah-h @theshadow @whalekeeper
k, here’s a new part.
@calyhuge @otherworldlyhistorian @thearcaneaxiom @linus-smallprint
Apologies for tagging y’all. Hope you don’t mind. I’ve started employing the advice y’all gave me, and I wanted to see what you fella’s think before I go any farther with it. Does Aaron still seem like a guy. I mean, would…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
This was great!!!
Suspicion: Alan’s father can control himself because he’s actually one of the Faithful. (Just a thought.)
Oh dear…… man…… I don’t know what to say. I mean, the grammar in there…… well some of it’s a little painful. lolol. I think I’m dso sensitive because I am bad at grammar so I’m always…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Ah, good. I was just about to start breathing down your neck on this. haha.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
This is great! You gave me a good picture here! That scene with Simon on the water and Eden in the water were my absolute favorite!! OH MY GOODNESS! They were amazing! With all the help I have gotten here and on my WIP I must say that if Aaron does not turn out there perfect character it’s because can’t write. lol.
Thank you…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@calyhuge @otherworldlyhistorian
Oh wow, this is so helpful! Thanks so much!
(I’m curious what scene y’all read. The full battle scene, or the aftermath one? Or both?)
I will tell you it feels like it’s a real guy, and it feels like real war, and I think what you had him do so far is what a guy would do
That’s a relief! Just getting you to s…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
ok, his hair length. It’s not going to be like Aragorn because Friedrich has lived in the palace his whole life. His a strong guy though, and kinda doesn’t like all the fancy stuff. (His servants have quite a time forcing him into royal uniform. lol. His hair would be neatly cut, and a little on the shorter side, (about chin…[Read more]
-
Euodia replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
YAY THAT’S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 1 month ago
@anyone else
I just saw if and it was really good, have you guys seen it? It’s not the kind of thing I usually watch but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint wow! That was interesting!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae haha yep
looks like Sniper got back at Silvanis for calling him “weird hat guy” or whatever it was he called him.
@theshadow @theducktator @kyronthearcanin @princesachronicle22
Sniper
“…To get past my strong immunity, another thing from my father, it’d have to be some sleeping potion. Though, it could just be they used different m…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@everybody
oooh I might go back to this forum sometimes!
Personally, I’m weird:
my best friends are my brother, my cousins, and a few fellow writers (at least one of which knows three ways to kill somebody with a fork), and the only male out of all those for the longest time was my bro before a guy joined my in-person teen writer group…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 1 month ago
YaYAYAyAyAyAYAaY!! 🤣 Tell me what you think afterwords!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 1 month ago
WHAAAAA
I have tubi! YAYAYAY - Load More
