@hybridlore
Active 6 days, 18 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
whaley's profile was updated 2 years, 1 month ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@savannah_grace2009 @whalekeeper
Someone is having a hard time staying off until Christmas. lolololololol 😀
You might need to try outlining books based on a plot structure…like the Three Act Structure, because it hooks your readers more and you can kind of sense them pushing toward a goal.
Hmmm, well, I have to disagree. I will NEVER start a…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!??!?!
Wow it’s like you can read my mind lol!
Anyways….
I totally agree with what Whaley said.
The time jumps just take away so much from the story (even at the beginning where Aaron and Turin were working together) and it makes me lose interest. You do great at describing outside of the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@savannah_grace2009 @ellette-giselle
I can try XD
I think the focus needs to be waaay deeper. The writing is very much outside the characters’ perspective, and only tells the bare points of the story. So the orphanage endeavor feels random.
To compare it to something, the perspective is like a bird high in the sky. Everything below looks like doll…[Read more] -
FIREQUACKER posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
I used to be addicted to soap, but I’m clean now.
-
FIREQUACKER changed their profile picture 2 years, 1 month ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
I’ve made it a point in the past year or so to make eye contact when I’m listening to someone, but sometimes I start thinking of ways I’d describe their eyes in a book and stop paying attention to what they’re actually saying. 🫣😂
XD I used to trace people’s faces with different colors and try to figure out the dimensions of their face. L…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @freed_and_redeemed @lightoverdarkness6 @anyone else
Guys do you want to read a really awkward scene
Btw I have had some social interaction almost this bad bc this is how my brain works XD I hope it pains you deeply
***
Tauren meanders around the side of the dance floor, watching as Lesli takes her turn with somebody…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Guys we should bring this back XD XD XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
ISN’T THAT CRAZY?!?!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
SARA ACTUALLY WROTE FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Bwahahaha you guys aren’t going to believe what just happened
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Just popping in because I’m bored, lol!
I kinda agree with Whaley. The story just doesn’t seem like it’s going towards a specific goal…like the events seem a bit random and idk how to describe it but it’s like your story’s missing something but it frustrates me because I don’t know what exactly I’m missing, just that something…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
Hey peoplessss
School started for me today :/
Have I missed anything, lol!
I added a couple new chapters to my story…hehehe-
Good luck with school!
-
thanks girl!
-
-
Heeeyy. 😄
I’ve been reading all your chapters still!! I finished 33, like, a while ago, lol! 😁 I really like how you’ve “officially” included Livia in it, and I really like that last scene where she blows the Pythonos away!
-
OMC JULIA!!! <3
Hi!!! Aw thank you so much! For some reason I don't really like the last three chapters…but oh well XD everyone else seems to love them soooo *shrugs*
-
-
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Because the orphanage plot was out of left field XD
Oh, well what did you expect to happen?
Don’t worry. The orphanage plays a key part in all three books.
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I’ve already written the whole book.
Oh cool, this is a plenty-of-work-already-done thing.
why do you ask?
I was asking because I’m not sure what direction the story is taking. What should the reader hope to happen next? Both in Aaron’s arc and in the outward plot? – A sense of where this all leads. Because the orphanage plot w…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 1 month ago
@otherworldlyhistorian whoa, weird….cool concept though!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
yeah, no kidding!! The amount of drafts you go through before a book is perfect!!!
I mean, it grew a lot from the original, and it clearly isn’t finished either.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle FIFTH draft? Wow!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I’ve already written the whole book. This is my fifth draft actually, and I was looking for reader reaction as well as some thoughts from y’all on structure and character since you are authors. Once I post everything on here, I’m passing this off to my editor.
why do you ask?
- Load More
