@hybridlore
Active 4 days, 14 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Well, if I had a physical copy of the story, I would know. But I suppose this could spoil weather or not Aaron survives. I know this is a trilogy, but book two could pick up with Sabina or someone else.
that’s a possibility.
I thought for a split second that he would end the letter like this. That would have been blunt and h…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
thank you!! I’m very glad it was helpful!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
switching a “damsel in distress” for a “man in distress.”
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
I don’t care how interesting that plot may be, I believe it’s plain wrong. It’s completely unbiblical and it’s against God’s design. A man who leaves a woman to fight for him/rescue him is no man. Just read the Bible and you will see God very clearly designe…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Write to bring me pain. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Tlc & mcu crossover fic in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
This Smiley ramble was completely out of the blue, and I could not stop cackling 🤣<3
I will have to read The Lunar Chronicles, I keep hearing good things about it.
Whaley great job with the working out, but seriously girl!! ake sure you’re drinking water!!! *does an evil glare to everyone who’s posted writing on there*
I have been drinking, I pro…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I like writing guys best too. lol.
Yes, a group of misfit dudes is so good. It’s like, the comfort food of fiction. 🥹
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
uhh barely
😭😭😭
Jkjk
Min I’m so sorry I haven’t been active at all lately, I went on a trip with my family a few weeks ago out to Idaho and it was soooo fun but now I’m trying to catch up with all the school I missed lol 😭😭 I’ve missed you so much!! How are you doing?
Pls don’t ever apologize! I’m just happy t…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
That’s an extremely blatant example. I’m more interested in the possible nuances. But it gets the point across.
-
Smiley replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
theyre really good
I read Heartless by Marissa Meyers first and I loved it so my friend recommended the lunar chronicles
and now I own the whole series and the graphic novel spin off series AND the coloring book
(Needless to say I enjoyed the books)
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I’m moving a discussion I started into this thread. It’s kind of related.
Basically, how far are you willing to disregard gender norms in stories, specifically tropes? For an extreme example, switching a “damsel in distress” for a “man in distress.”
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Even if I don’t use it here, my favorite trope is just a bunch of guys being an unlikely team. Which Keilah probably agrees with. 😂
I like writing guys best too. lol.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Oh okay, I’ll take it to another thread. Lemme figure it out.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
😠 Yeah you better run
XD jkjk
I know you said you like Gimli more in the movies which is totally fine. I like almost all the characters from the books the same as I like them in the movies. Exception being Faramir because book Faramir was a totally different person.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Even if I don’t use it here, my favorite trope is just a bunch of guys being an unlikely team. Which Keilah probably agrees with. 😂
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
What are y’all’s thoughts on disregarding the male/female traditional tropes sometimes? Because I know religiously some people are against it. I like the idea of it, if it accomplishes interesting characterization, but I’m curious if other people approach it with more objectivity.
Do you mind explaining what you mean by this for the s…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Haha! Good to know.
So then, since you said something, does that mean your aren’t happy? Maybe a little stressed?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
and you’re welcome! I’m almost finished with my tenth book. It’s a picture book, so not much in the way of like drafting and writing and stuff.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I think “damsel in distress” can very easily be messed up because it automatically takes away the damsel’s agency in the situation, usually speaking. But I would love to see situations where it isn’t so biased towards the damsel’s savior – like maybe the damsel holds the emotional weight of the story in her hands, to…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle Not likely with me, usually. If I don’t like something, I’m quite vocal about it.
You should see me yelling at the screen while playing Minecraft or something and my creatures aren’t going where I want them.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
Silence could also mean it’s so bad that you can’t even find something to say.
haha!!!
Oh, thank you so much!!!
- Load More
