@hybridlore
Active 1 week, 6 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
Ooh, this looks fun! Do we just post our stories into this topic?
-
Esther replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 4 months ago
Yes! I’ve watched the one with Gerard Butler in it. I remember it being good, but it’s been a while, so I can’t think of any specific things I liked or didn’t like about it.
-
Esther replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 4 months ago
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, waittttt.
WHATTTT???
I seriously love that idea though!!! It adds a totally different dynamic!
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @theducktator @smiley
Oh yes Sara!! I do that allll the time! I’ve had multiple conversations with real people in my head, those conversations just never happen with those people irl. XD
-
Esther replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
I almost said that I’m going to try to do this, but then I would have an excuse to not do it. Sooo… I AM going to do this! It think this prompt will stretch me a little bit, but it sounds fun!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
Hi! I want to bring this topic back to life.
As far as the last prompt, if you wrote or would like to write anything, please submit it here by June 8th. On June 8th I think we shall pick judges.
If you have nothing, or you aren’t interested in our last prompt, I have a new one:
Write a story deeply revolving around music of some kind.…[Read more] -
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
I would put it in YA if it was my book as well. I haven’t seen nor has there ever been anything suggested, that I think would make it inappropriate for that age level.
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
Aww, I know, he’s the best! 🥹
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
@esther-c Thank you very much for your opinion!
I agree: YA really does have things that don’t belong in such an age range. YA can be very disgusting, and I think that’s why so many avoid it. And it’s just so gross that people put such horrible things in that section, because YA typically are teenagers or young adults, and people are the most…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
I think YA totally works. YA includes more than you might think. In our library, I find stuff in the juvenile section that should be in YA, and stuff in the YA section that I’m little shocked to see, but it def wouldn’t be considered adult fiction.
So yeah, in short, I think your books would be young adult fiction.
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
I feel like (sadly), my novels are very mild compared to what is usually in the YA section, and that’s another reason why I want it to be YA…the YA books really need better, cleaner, and just more Christ-filled novels
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
@esther-c @whalekeeper @koshka @keilah-h @lightoverdarkness6 @elishavet-pidyon @rae @savannah_grace2009
Sooo, question.
I am advertising Freedom’s Fire as a YA novel, and I wanted to know what y’all thought about that. I def know that my books aren’t middle-grade, mostly because of some content being for older audiences (hinted or even shown…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 4 months ago
-
freedom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 4 months ago
I know I already heard about this, but still!!!!
GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLL
WHAT A TWIST!!!!!!!
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 4 months ago
Indeed you are. 😠😄
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 4 months ago
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 4 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Hi… I’m back! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 4 months ago
that (your short story with a title longer than it) was hilarious!! 🤣 😭 And incredibly relatable! I’m very curious about Mrs. Tammany and the grandmother with a black belt in karate
Thank you! The grandmother happens to be a spy. 😁
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Hi… I’m back! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 4 months ago
My notification was lost in a mountain of emails after our trip.
I think I prefer the Broadway version. I just love live performances, and the tap dancing is really cool. -
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 4 months ago
Ahh, ok. I can’t wait to meet Hallie’s boy! And I totally forgot Tyler was the one who would die until I read Sara’s comment, and now I’m sad. 😭😭 He’s so nice!
- Load More
