@hybridlore
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
This is a Firstborn. He’s trained to be an emotionless killer machine that does whatever he is told, no questions asked. He has just been forced to enter a government Academy where he will compete with 70 other boys to become an elite solo fighter. These boys have been drawn from the child-soldier bases across the seven districts. Only…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@theducktator thanks! I imagine the Rushmore Hydra is what guards America’s greatest treasures lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@highscribeofaetherium lolllll!
Speaking as a seasoned Lego veteran, it isn’t actually the blocky bricks that hurt the most (unless you catch them by the corner but that’s a whole different discussion). It’s the little pieces which have something sticking out the top, like a pin connector or something.

Like this guy.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@mineralizedwritings I only barely know who that character is, but I really like it! The style’s good for the character, honestly, and I like the circle of flames in the back to show off his pyrokinesis powers.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed oooh Erich seems interesting!
@ellette-giselle ooh more characters! Which type of soldier is this one?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@mineralizedwritings you hit the nail right on the head! lol
It’s basically Star Wars but all the characters are half-Wings of Fire dragon (with a couple How to Train Your Dragon species and original dragon types thrown into the mix)
I haven’t actually worked on much material for it, but I love the concept.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
here is the next section!
Aaron related the tale of the creation of the world, the beginning of sin and the promise of a Savior.
The people listened in spellbound silence. As Aaron continued, he became more relaxed. He forgot about the threat that hung over Turin and himself. He spoke the words given to him with strength and boldness. When he…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Quote Archive in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
That’s not a house, it’s termites holding hands.
~Larry Epic
Nod: “Hurry! Jump!”
Mary-Kathrine: “I can’t jump that high!”
Mary-Kathrine: *Sees enemy coming, screams and jumps into the air, lands back in front of the enemy* “Did you see what I just did! I have never jumped that high!
Nod, “Jump OUT!!!!”
~Epic.
Mandrake “I’m going to…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Well, I would send more but the cliff hanger killed you so I doubt it’ll do much good. lol.
Who do you want to hear about? Jonathan still, or one of the knew characters?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Wholesome Exclamations in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
My mom says “good gravy!” XD XD
I have a friend who once said “I don’t give two flying squirrels”. I mean it kind of is like you’re trying to cuss without actually doing it, but I still thought it was funny lol
I just make up swear words with my fantasy language. That way my characters can “swear” without actually being…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I’d love to read more if you want to share it!
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
NOOO! Grammar is sooo much fun though!
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Personally I love grammar but that’s just me XD XD
What is wrong with you! lol
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Wholesome Exclamations in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Some of my pets are “Good grief” which can be an exclamation, a groan, or an angry shout. Also “Shoot,” “Arrrrgh!” (Like a pirate,) which can be used in times of frustration. “Blast” “Oh Blast” and “Blast it!” which are all British. Also “Cripes” or “Crikey!” and also “Fay’s teeth!” (A dangerous type of fairy in Scottish…[Read more]
-
HighScribe posted an update 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle
I saw in your bio that you do martial arts. What kind do you do?
(I also luuuuuuuv weapons) -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @rae @keilah-h @highscribeofaetherium @esther-c @koshka @theducktator @theshadow @linus-smallprint @grcr @freed_and_redeemed
I just finished a new character……. I think he’s gonna be one of my favorites!

- Load More

I do one that my dad designed. He is an instructor and he combined several different martial arts and took from them all the best ones for self defense and protective fighting.
(there is some competition too)
I forget the name he gave it. (whoops)
Yes, weapons are the best! I like the sword in particular. the bow is fun, and so is staff and JO…[Read more]
Neat, that’s really cool! I do karate, but also a little escrima, jujitsu, hapkido, and taekwondo.
The only weapon I do is escrima sticks, but I really want to start sword fighting and archery. I’m hoping to find somewhere that does swords in my area, but if not, I’ll have to resort to training myself off YouTube XD
Nunchucks and flails, are,…[Read more]
Oh you should see my dad with nunchucks and flails. It is SCARY!! They go so fast and he decimates the training dummies! It’s scary.
Here’s the thing. You know what’s better than nunchucks and requires basically zero training? A STICK.
So yes, someone who is trained with nunchucks could be effective with them, but an untrained person with a stick could be just as, if not more effective. If you put a guy with nunchucks vs a guy with a regular stick, the stick is almost def…[Read more]
Idk. I’ve seen some pretty wild stuff that a guy with trained nunchucks can do. (including ripping weapons out of people’s hands.”
I did say that a trained person could be effective with them. I haven’t heard of doing disarms with them, though I don’t doubt you. I still don’t think that justifies them being a good weapon.