@highscribeofaetherium
Active 1 week, 5 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
hybridlore replied to the topic CRAZY WRITING WEEK IS BACK!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@theducktator I can’t find an Abigail with a duck!! 😭
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic CRAZY WRITING WEEK IS BACK!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
My username is Abigail followed by my last name which I won’t share on here, and my profile pic is a duck!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic CRAZY WRITING WEEK IS BACK!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@theducktator @savannah_grace2009
Have you two gotten on yet?
-
whaley posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
Currently working on a new project for CWW. If I don’t reply or roleplay quickly, this is because my week is filled up with competition!
-
whaley posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 (I don’t know why I’m hiding this update with another update, but I don’t feel like shouting things from the hills. XD)
I have been diagnosed with moderate major depression, one point shy of severe. I have recovered a lot since then, but I thought you would like to know, since you gave something similar to Liv. You are free…[Read more]-
Awww I’m sorry girlie *hugs*
I’ll pray for you <3
Thank you so much!!!!
Is it okay if every now and then I bounce scenes off of you so you can check if they're accurate? I worry about being too dramatic or unrealistic especially with mental health like this…
I don't have any questions as of now but I'll let you know if I do!!! Thanks Whaley,…[Read more] -
Thank you, Sara <3 I’m doing pretty well so I don’t want to worry people.. :]
Yes, you can totally shoot scenes in my direction! I actually really appreciate stories with the condition represented in it, especially because I had it for more than a year and can relate to all the stuff. There’s a character in Stormlight Archive that has a speci…[Read more]-
I know that feeling <3333
Thank you so much!!!! I agree, I love stories like that too. Even though mine wasn't severe, I can still relate!!!
Awwww *hugs*
-
-
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009
It’s great that you are able to explore those feelings with characters. A phase like that doesn’t feel great but it can open your perspective. <3 (I’m going to shift this conversation somewhere else in a sec) -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
thank you much!! This is super helpful!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@whaley
At the beginning of this year, I went through a little phase where I really did suspect that I had it, but now I’m not sure…I think I feel more of myself again. Because of that experience, I feel like I have a way better understanding of how people that struggle with this feel (obviously it’s going to be different for everyone and even…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
That doesn’t sound wrong to me at all. Lots of middle grade books (and others) are very contemporary, with elements of fantasy. Hints early on would definitely help.
Starting a new idea is always exciting! If you want to talk about the world or anything, please tag me!
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
If you’re talking about CWW, no problem, it’s an optional challenge. :] You should tell your sister, though, that nobody actually shares their stories on the community. You only count up your words and submit the number each time you write. So her project wouldn’t be shown to anyone.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@linus-smallprint @rae @loopylin @godlyfantasy12 @ellette-giselle @hybridlore and whoever
I have a new project I’m excited to work on this week. Just spent an hour plotting the first half of it, but I’m still ironing out the wrinkles before drafting it. Some of that has to do with genre.
I think it’s going to have a lot of contemporary elements.…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@janellebelovedpig @whalekeeper
I looked at this and showed my sister, but I don’t think either of us will be doing it this year. My sister doesn’t feel ready to share the project she is typing up and her WIP she is writing on paper. I would also like to take a break from writing and focus on some other things.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@loopylin and @theshadow
Just wondering if either of you are still reading through TNPT: The Cost.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I read your to-magic-or-n0t-t0-magic document and it seems to me that there are more reasons for including it than excluding it. At this point all you’ve got to do is evaluate whether or not the reasons for excluding spell images are so strong that they cancel out all of the numerous reasons to include it.
I dunno, it’s a hard cal…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
You could maybe play off the fact that kentors naturally avoid confrontation. Although Tyn wants to face conflict directly, she might still be avoidant without realizing it.
Hey, that’s a good idea. There are already some inconsistencies in Tyn’s character that she is unaware of. This would fit her well.
I knew he wanted out of the…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
There are definitely some people even in Christian circles who use dating unwisely. I remember this one gal in my homeschool group who had an obsession with Twilight at 14. Yuckyyy, and unrealistic.
My parents allow me to date for several reasons. They believe it is wise to develop an intuition with guys before choosing one guy…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
YAY!!!!!! I’m so excited to hear feedback!!!!!!
I’m so glad the rescue worked! I wanted a Stephen story and a Daniel story. The Daniel ending may be more cliche, but it’s just as true as the Stephen one.
Yup, Peter is back. I know his whole story and I wish I could have had more of it in, but Joseph and the others only got to…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Finished it!
I’ll get to answering your feedback questions later. I may take a month to reread the story again first. (*Goes and steals all sections of the book so I can read them offline*).
But for now, here is some initial feedback on the last bit:
I think the climax and the build-up to it were well done. As cliche as rescue…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m just comparing the way I believe to the way the girls around me in my home school group act with the boys around me. You don’t have to agree.
- Load More
