@highscribeofaetherium
Active 1 week, 4 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
whaley replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah, that makes total sense. He is only relatable for some people. It’s impossible to relate to every character, but you can still like them. And I’m glad Sanderson gave him several things to work through, specifically in WoR. :-]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
One of the first things I pin down are what I consider the building blocks of a culture; Cold or warm; Individualist or collectivist; Rich or poor; Military or civilian; Old or young. Then I find the cultural ideals for beauty, character, morality, nobility, justice.
This stuff is all so fuuuuuun, and all so eeendleeeeeeesssss. And just…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I agree that he is a sorrowful sack of mope, but it does not bother me at all. XD I actually kind of understand Kaladin. It’s a little silly to say, especially because I’m not an ex-general ex-slaved turned-general-again with a pile of trauma and white knight syndrome. But the way he struggles going into RoW is pretty rel…
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
The textbook format has been appreciated by several writers. According to a survey performed by a certain Stepheroni and Cheese, two out of two young writing enthusiasts used this world-building tool regularly.
Mm, I credit you with accurate scientific knowledge. Take my friendship.
-
whaley replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
My brother says Kaladin is a sorrowful sack of mope. HE IS NOT.😭Please people, back me up on this! I need allies!
I agree that he is a sorrowful sack of mope, but it does not bother me at all. XD I actually kind of understand Kaladin. It’s a little silly to say, especially because I’m not an ex-general ex-slaved tur…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah, I think WoR is definitely the best.
Whenever you read WaT, I’d like to hear what you think. I think I’m the only one on here who’s done. 😞
Have you ever taken the Knights Radiant quiz? What order are you?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Especially Sniper’s and Demo’s, which I’ll show later if you want.
I’m intrigued
Also, I respect your bravery to post old drawings. I tried to do that once…and I backed out before pushing the “submit” button
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Great! Perfect!
I’ll see what I can do.
I often draw in the evenings while hanging out with my big brother, and all I can think about rn is what he’s gonna say when he sees what I’m drawing, and now I’m gonna explain myself lol
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Probably Words of Radiance.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*sadness* At least one of my brother’s best friends agreed with me.
I haven’t read Wind and Truth. I own it, but I’m planning on rereading the whole series, and Way of Kings is taking forever to arrive from my library.😭
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
and a weird amount of bread
Why do I have a suspicious feeling that Soldier is involved?
Let me guess, he’s teleporting bread to create bread monsters?
Lol, that was one of the best moments ever.
I’m dead rn for what I want to draw so I’ll give it a shot drawing the scene. No promises that you’ll like it, I’m bad at wings, and at…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
My pages are covered in random notes about everything, from worldbuilding to plot, and then I don’t look back at them, and forget what’s going on.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Oops, I forgot to respond to this.
@whalekeeper @highscribeofaetherium
You have good points. I was mainly worried about him because he was my favorite and my favorites always die. XD
My brother says Kaladin is a sorrowful sack of mope. HE IS NOT.😭Please people, back me up on this! I need allies!
-
Ruth replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@koshka
Yes, that is me. 100% -
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Baron (Brutus)—Ben Gunn, Flare, Ellis, trying to find Fel and Brea (I think I got that right)
Brutus hesitated in following the others. The soldiers were terrified of these creatures. He held his scarf up over his nose and mouth. His eyes followed the disappearing forms of his companions. He could use his wind to…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Arcs in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
Could you give me some more description on these teens?
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I shall have to try the textbook method.
-
Ruth posted an update 1 year, 8 months ago
@stephie I saw your new name at the top of a topic page saying you had posted, and I was so confused for a moment there lol.
-
Ruth replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I…worldbuild in the dark at night usually (I have trouble sleeping) and I rarely, if ever, actually write a comprehensive thing on my world, I just scribble things on random sheets of paper or in notebooks that I then loose in the sea of notebooks that I have already.
Yeah, I need to change some of my writing habits.
- Load More
