@highscribeofaetherium
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
That’s why I think it would be easier to do if Tyn was there. She would bring up all the objections, so it would be easier to show that I don’t approve of forced labour.
Thank you for your feedback. I will think about it further.
-
Esther replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Y’all were talking about British and Australian exclamations and it reminded me of something that happened recently…
So we have friends who are Australian, but their dad is the only one who actually naturally has the accent. I’m a sucker for the Aussie accent, lol. And I was talking with him one time and with some…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Also, one thing I just thought of; we don’t really care about the characters’ families since we haven’t met them yet. Maybe it would be a good idea to lengthen the first chapter by showing Jack and Elina getting home and seeing their parents and siblings.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
This chapter does a good job building up the suspense! The only thing I would say is yeah, Ellette has a point. These girls seem to be so mean for no real reason that I can guess at yet. It makes them feel flatter, rather than like actual people who have motives and stuff for their actions. Their ultimate goal, especially in a…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Sure! They’re in the entrance right now.
Vyette
Vyette glared up at the school. A boarding school! How could her father do this to her? “It’s an experience,” he’d said. An experience? Maybe for the working class. She shoved another bag at her maid, who was already carrying four. “Come on. Don’t take all day.” She stalked into the…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
i am so relieved Jack is still there!! Also, I have a feeling I’m going to like Dylan.
just a hunch.also, I’m not sure about Olivia and Adaline’s reaction. You see, when people bully others it tends to be because of insecurity and cowardice. I have yet to meet a truly confidant and courageous bully. That being said, they seem too c…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
lol. I guess that’s what happens when we both read the same book…
Which world was it?
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
Ducktator, did you see that note I added on the idea of using a slave to push Alan in the direction of trusting and obeying The Saviour? What are your thoughts on that?
I’m not sure. I see how it would help your story, and it’s an interesting perspective to take. My main concern would be people thinking you support slavery. I…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Wow. I love this idea. This sounds super interesting. Is it connected to your current series?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@highscribeofaetherium @hybridlore @theducktator @loopylin @grcr
Thanks for the feedback! So far, it looks like the popularity ranking is:
- Chromancy
- Spectrachromy
- Prismathurgy
- Spectrathurgy
- Spectralurgy
With the other three having no votes. I’ll take this into consideration.
As some have guessed, this is a color-based magic system.…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
I like Spectrachromy… and Chromancy…
Prismathurgy is alright… but I’m not head over heels about it…
I don’t really like the other five… 😁
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Aw, that’s okay! If you know of a different way to get it through, I’m open to trying other things, but I understand if it’s too difficult for you to do right now.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
no!!! I can’t access this without my laptop!! 😭😭😭😭
I’ll let you know what I think the minute I get home!!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
My favorite is Chromancy.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Some things I’d really like to hear from y’all are scene ideas. I’m planning to go back and extend a lot of the earlier chapters (at least 1-6) because I didn’t have the same word count goal for them as I do now. So if you have any ideas for scenes that would fit into those (or future scenes) I would love to hear them. So far I have a chapter…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle (I know you’re away, so don’t feel obligated to respond to this until you get back) @theshadow @whalekeeper @koshka @raxforge
Sorry these are late, it slipped my mind until last night. Without further ado, here are chapters seven and eight (also known as the underground church cha…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
My favorite is Chromancy, but I also like Chromamancy, Prismathurgy, and Spectrathurgy. For some reason the sole “t” and “l” sounds bother me when placed in front of “urgy”.
-
Cloaked Mystery started the topic Help me pick a colorful name for this magic system in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Okay, so I think the way I want to do this is, I’ll give you a list of some of the options I’ve come up with, without comment, and you tell me what you like. I’m also not going to tell you what this magic system is about (though you can probably guess some of it from the names.) After I get some feedback, I’ll give you more context. Right now, I…[Read more]
- Load More

