@highscribeofaetherium
Active 6 days, 12 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic PLEASE TEAR THIS APART–URGENT CRITIQUES NEEDED in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
WE’RE IN THE AFTERWORD PEOPLE! WE’RE FAMOUS!
-
whaley replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m going to try and look at all of this when possible.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic PLEASE TEAR THIS APART–URGENT CRITIQUES NEEDED in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
The only place I rant about my characters or my writing is really on here or any other writing community.
I do tend to share a lot of mine with my siblings, but other than them, and here, no one gets to know about it.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art/Illustration Critique in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Thanks for the extra ideas. I bet I can make a list of things to focus on with line thickness.
Nice drawing!! I always like how dedicated you are with the textures, such as the wood and brick floor. that takes more patience than I have at this time.
I agree with Keilah on both those points. Another thing – Alan’s left arm might…[Read more] -
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic PLEASE TEAR THIS APART–URGENT CRITIQUES NEEDED in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
This is sooo good! Your writing is so beautiful.
I never show my parents anything other than funny short stories. I don’t think they’d dislike it or not approve…but having parents read my cringey emotional or romantic scenes…*shudders*
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh, definitely. I was just curious about the rights of Canada’s government compared to ours. They seem to be very close.
-
Esther replied to the topic PLEASE TEAR THIS APART–URGENT CRITIQUES NEEDED in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Awww! Esther!!! That means literally so so SO much to me!!
I appreciate you so much, you’re amazing 🥺🥺💜💜💜💜
💕💕💕
So for a while I stopped writing altogether, because even when I would try to write happy things that didn’t include violence or too much evil or darkness, somehow the topic would always shift. And my heart was…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic How do you want to improve? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
I want to use was and were less. I’ve noticed this mostly in my essays. I’ll write sentences like he was, or this was, and in my last essay I eliminated a lot of those, and it sounded a lot better.
I want to get better at worldbuilding. That’s something that always gets neglected in my stories. I generally just make stuff up as I go along, but…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art/Illustration Critique in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Okay. You kind of confirmed my suspicions (room for improvement 👍), but I’m glad Alan’s arms look fine to you. Thank you!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@whalekeeper @ellette-giselle @theducktator
I threw together a 9-point outline for Martha as well, since she will be a major point of view character in this book as well. It’s not quite complete, such as I’m not really sure what to do for her amplified pressure. But here is what I have so…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Ha!
That’s kind of funny, but Julian would KILL anyone who did that to him.
Plus it seems a little cliched.
BUT, it was funny. XD
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Actually, you know what would be funny? If one of the guys’ minds went in the same direction as mine and said something like ‘Yes, mom’ to Julian. And then, he would be stuck with that nickname for the rest of the story.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Got it.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
 If he was joking would it work?
I think so. Make Aelic respond with another joke as well. Even if it just making a funny expression and saying “Ah”
Sure thing! I’ll wait until they’re published. 😉
Sounds good!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
In Canada, do you have the same guaranteed rights as in the US’s Constitution? I’m assuming it’s very similar. Freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc.?
Yes, we do have the same rights, but that doesn’t stop teachers from grading things based on what you write about instead of the actual quality of writi…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Okay, I’ll fix that. He was supposed to be joking. If he was joking would it work?
Sorry. Sometimes, I shy away from commitment and speak with uncertainty (that’s one of the ways my character, Eric, is like me). Maybe waiting until they are published would be a good idea, but yes, I will let you use them as a r…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Yeah… 😅
That’s really interesting. Crazy to realize that this really isn’t too far off from what is happening in real life today.
In Canada, do you have the same guaranteed rights as in the US’s Constitution? I’m assuming it’s very similar. Freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc.?
Oh yeah, there…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
Sorry I am late to reply.
Thank you for offering to help. However, would you mind waiting until I start posting chapters? I have a few people helping me with this already and I am hoping some people who are reading the draft I will be posting on here will not know what is happening in the story yet. Hopefully, it won’t be too long…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
A drawing of toothless I did for a friend. I tried out a bit of watercolour here.

-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art/Illustration Critique in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago

I’m going to ask for some critique on this drawing regarding the proportions. I often draw characters separately, so am wondering how they fit together. I fear I may have made the horse too small. Also, what do you think of the character’s arm length?
- Load More
