@highscribeofaetherium
Active 5 days, 8 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@hybridlore @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @liberty @linus-smallprint
QUESTIONS!
Characters:
~Which character(s) did you find the most compelling/relatable/believable and why?
~ Were there any character that need to be more engaging? If so, how would be some good ways for me to do that?
~Where the characters…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Also I found a cute bookmark in the Ghibli book. <3

-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
I have officially decided research is a cool hobby.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
I just need a moment to share my excitement

Just got most of these in the mail!! My thesis is due in a month and I’m trying to figure out the film+psychology angle before I start writing. I now own all of these books besides Hollywood: The Oral History. I have very little time to read, but I’m already through with two of them. Now I can rec…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Common sence. Got it.
Thank you.
No girls fighting with broadswords as big as they are.
No boys wresting free of a group of well trained, armed men.
Short for Nicodemus. That’s all I will explain.
ahhh…. I think I see where you’re going.
Never assume anyone is dead until you have seen the body.” – A likey butch…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Sure, he can try. He’s been trying for the last few minutes. It’s not going to do much good. He’s a sixteen-year-old kid against several temple guards.
They’re going to win.
Common sence. Got it.
btw, why Nick? Everyone does “Bob” or “Bill” around here when they don’t know the name.
Short for Nicodemus. That’s all I will explain…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
No worries! I get it. I just wondered.
(Another thought, the priests think Leon is dead from what I know. I don’t know if they ever learned that the arrow did not hit him. But this person wrote the letter directly to Leon.)
Ohh, good point!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh, one other thing. @hybridlore says it seems unclear that the prince is dead. I don;t know if you saw our conversation, but if you did, what are your thoughts?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Sure, he can try. He’s been trying for the last few minutes. It’s not going to do much good. He’s a sixteen-year-old kid against several temple guards.
They’re going to win.
On a side note, I wonder what the Priest’s motivations are (other than hatred of God). Seems like control over the people may be a big one, possibly w…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay, sounds fine, but you might want to check out Ellette’s profile first. She just put some warning there about using Google.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
The high priest stepped forward so that he was inches from Dietrich. “We will take you from the palace— there is no need to draw unwanted attention. Once we have reached the temple, I will put to death your traitorous servant.”
Diedrich felt a chill run down his spine, and he darted a glance at Marius. His friend had strai…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah, it’s kind of overused, but it does make plots interesting.
Sounds good!
By the way, did you see the next chapter of TCOH?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay yeah, I can see what they think. I don’t really ever do “dead” characters coming back to life. That troupe drives me insane. I think I’ve only ever done it once.
I had another time when one character thought the other one was dead, but you were following both MCs, so you knew the truth. (kind of like with Julian and…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
That’s funny! 😆 Yeah, I had no idea this was the last section, but then… once I read it, I was like, okay, that kind of works. But it was definitely a shock.
(For a reader with an actual copy of the book, it wouldn’t be, cause you’d get to see how many pages left. We’re kind of reading blindly on here. XD)
Yeah, that makes sen…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Big Yikes!
he made it though! 😅
I don’t think you intended this, but this is a little harsh. The way he said it, it comes across as challenging unbelief. Like Leon is saying, ‘Do any of you now dare to disbelief after what happened to me?’ I think it’s the way he starts the sentence. ‘Can any of you deny…’ This might no…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yes. The end.
It snuck up on me too. 🤣 I scrolled to the next page and was like, “Oh! This is where I decided to break it!”
I feel like Marius and Prince Dietrich will come back. The way you left it, it does sound like an eyewitness saw their deaths, but… Why would you have cut the scene off so soon? It feels unfinished. If y…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Leon was dragged from the warm comfort of sleep by something sharp pricking his leg. He readjusted, shaking his leg, but something pinched him. “Ow!” he exclaimed, bending over to inspect the pricking.
At that moment, something whistled overhead and struck the chair. Leon hit the floor and rolled to a crouch, the annoying pai…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
The END????
I feel like Marius and Prince Dietrich will come back. The way you left it, it does sound like an eyewitness saw their deaths, but… Why would you have cut the scene off so soon? It feels unfinished. If you didn’t intend that, maybe you should make it clearer that they did die.
I don’t know, I guess I’m just used to…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
And this page is gonna blow up.
No one saw ANY of that coming.
😏
- Load More
