@highscribeofaetherium
Active 5 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2794
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
I’m so glad you brought this back. And I’m glad you spoke up, because I’m writing a protagonist whose speech is very affected by stress, and it’s interesting to read about. How often does your stutter happen? Does it still affect you when you’re alone (if you talk to yourself)?
It’s also fascinating how stutters are similar to tics. I…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
that’s disturbing.
do you think you’ll find out what happened? -
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I hope they’re okay, too. It sounded like a woman or a child, so I just hope it was an overdramatic kid? …I don’t know.
It was real because my sister heard some of it. I went out to my pitch-black yard and listened for a long time, and even heard faint sobbing in the wind. Very disturbing.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@theducktator @ellette-giselle @loopylin @keilah-h
Sorry for commenting so abruptly, so late – I’m okay! XD I heard bad screams coming from my skylight window. There was some sobbing and yelling for help, and it died away before I could figure out where it was coming from. So we called the police.
I tend to hear weird things in the middle of the…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 5 months ago
You have a good point. I always like it when books flip gender stereotypes without being weird about it. I read a book once where one of the MCs, a knight, enjoyed knitting. He was still a man, he just knit stuff.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 5 months ago
*shudders* Yeah, nothing short of a call from God could ever induce me to send my kids to public school. And my kids aren’t going to be allowed to date until they’re 16 either.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic What were your first written stories about? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
My first written stories were about the tales I used to tell my little brother about a land called Nutmag (not Nutmeg, NutMAG huge difference, I know). It had talking animals and no humans. I even had a theme song for it that I’d sing before telling Ezra a story. I wrote at least three short stories only about two to three pages long. I still have…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Chase
Chase looked at the floor, his eyes black. “Th-that’s sad. S-shall I in-intro-duce him s-sometime? A-all p-people should know f-fawns.” chase made a motion with his hand, as if petting some invisible animal.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Are you okay???
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic What were your first written stories about? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
The first stories I remember writing were 2nd grade assignments. In one, this group of ducks, Helen, Joy, Valentine, and Lulu, were at home being babysat by this really cool babysitter (I think her name was Lila, and she was both a police officer and a princess) who was taking them out to go toilet paper people’s houses. I’d just found out that…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Calling 911 is one of the most adrenaline-pumping experiences ever, especially when you’re a witness to something no one else experienced
-
whaley replied to the topic Scrivener Questions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I do not know the answers to these questions now, because I do not have Scrivener yet. I’m thinking about buying Scrivener soon, for the sole purpose of shifting my more personally valuable stuff to that.
If you do not get your answers to these questions from somebody else, I will find out the answers from my dad when he helps me. (Yes, I am…[Read more]
-
whaley started the topic What were your first written stories about? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
What were your first written stories about?
I don’t know exactly what my first handwritten stories were about. That was much too long ago, and my parents are probably saving them somewhere secret. But I do remember everything past when I first tried to use my dad’s computer. So when I was seven.I used to tell my younger siblings the fantastical…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
Hey, here’s an idea. I have come across some lessons to help improve characters. There are five of them. What if we went through them together, both taking one or two characters that readers felt were flat (that would be Charles and Thom for me) and see what comes out of it? We could invite others to join as well. If we don’t lik…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 5 months ago
XD The second one reminds me of a time at co-op when I mentioned I hadn’t liked a book because I couldn’t connect to the characters, and this one guy just looked at me and said “Because they’re fictional.” He must lead a sad life.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
If all else fails, remember that your guys’ stories, no matter what they are, will make so much more impact in the world than mine.Â
And don’t forget either that there are plenty of other gifts other than writing, so even if your writing isn’t as impactful as ours, there are other ways you can bring Glory to God as well. And God can ev…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
I’d like that. But even more, I wanted it to wake people up to the fact that not too long ago, it could mean death to believe in God. I feel like many people take Christianity too lax. Just a sort of, yeah I’m good and go to church and will go to heaven. I want to wake people up to the fact that this is 100% a war, and if you tre…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper @stephie @theducktator @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
Chapter the 13th out now!
-
Esther replied to the topic Contemporary writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
I’m glad I could help!!
Yes! Lmk when you flesh out the ideas more, I’d love to hear what you come up with!
- Load More
