@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Gracie replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Once a day you get a text from an unknown number. All it contains is a picture, a picture of you. One of you heading into the supermarket, one of you driving away from your friends, and then one day…….
Dialogue prompt: “‘Siri, define scintillating.’
‘Scintillating means: sparkling or shining brightly….If you ever want to see…[Read more] -
Gracie replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Once a day you get a text from an unknown number. All it contains is a picture, a picture of you. One of you heading into the supermarket, one of you driving away from your friends, and then one day…….
Dialogue prompt: ‘Siri, define scintillating.’
‘Scintillating means: sparkling or shining brightly….If you ever want to see…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Crime and Punishment is better. *runs off before Josiah can retaliate*
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Greetings! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’ve only been here a short while myself, but I promise this place does not dissapoint! 😀 I love the Chronicles of Narnia as well,(you’d be crazy not to, right? 😛 ) but I’ve never read the Count of Monte Cristo. : / I’ll have to look into it. Cool thing with the character cameos! That’s…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Greetings! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’ve only been here a short while myself, but I promise this place does not dissapoint! 😀 I love the Chronicles of Narnia as well,(you’d be crazy not to, right? 😛 ) but I’ve never read the Count of Monte Cristo. :/ I’ll have to look into it. Cool thing with the character cameos! That’s one…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Homework for Video 10: Theme & Scene Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea I have a question… you said not to use ‘main thematic scenes’ for the homework. How broadly are you defining that? Cuz I just combed through my story looking for a thematically ‘un-main’ scene and I can’t really find one. I mean, there are some more important than others, but they all have the theme in them some way or other, even if…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@R-J-Wordsmith first off, I love your tag. And yes! The Screwtape Letters are awesome. As are TCoMC, and Narnia, and homeschooling, and tons of siblings, and more stories than you know what to do with… *grins* Welcome to KP. *hands you superhero cloak* You may need this around here; we’re a bit prone to saving the world. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Ethryndal ooh, I like it. Thanks. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Hope niiiice. And technically your prompt can have anything at all in it so long as it includes the topic… so a magical cell phone that can turn into a sword isn’t too far fetched, if you wanna go that route. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
Hi, @r-j-wordsmith! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. And it just got even better because we got a new CoMC fanatic with us. (That is my all time favorite novel 😉 )
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus yes. *chokes again* I see.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy But you see, now every time someone gets writer’s block, it will remind them to just look at things from a different angle.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus *chokes* Well that escalated quickly. :’D
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy You’re at a huge book signing when someone comes up to you and points a gun at your head, telling you to come up with a writing prompt or die. Your mind goes blank. The man fires, but the bullet get’s stuck in your writer’s block.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
You’re at a huge book signing when someone comes up to you and points a gun at your head, telling you to come up with a writing prompt or die. Your mind goes blank. The man fires, but the bullet get’s stuck in your writer’s block.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose nope, not a problem. And I like that one a lot.
Soooo… let’s say the new topic is cell phones, shall we? If any of you still have any brilliant train (or otherwise completely unrelated 😉 ) ideas feel free to share, of course. It just helps with focus if we have a topic.@Jenali ooh, I love those too! Very nice work everyone.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
lol! Those are hilarious @GracieGirl. They may indeed prove a bit too long, but I’ll try them, and regardless they’re hilarious. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@jenali I really like that. The fact that you would normally think things like physical strength would be the most important thing in protecting you loved ones means you have a lot of potential for a deep theme.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 7 months ago
@jenali No problem asking it here. Yes, many many secular books have a theme. A book doesn’t have to have a theme, but even if the author doesn’t intend it, most books do. Some of them can be very powerful, though that is rare. I personally believe that Christian books have an advantage when it comes to theme, because our world view is accurate.…[Read more]
- Load More
