@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Amnesia? in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 7 months ago
Ladies and gentlemen, this is how we integrate theme and premise. Let’s have a round of applause.
*deafening applause*@Rachelle I love it! Do it. Cliches aren’t cliches if they’re part of the theme and by extension necessary to the story.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Amnesia? in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle That sounds really neat, actually. I don’t really think cliches are a big problem, so long as you write well. My one thought is that it would be best if you could at least give some hint of the theme early on. Maybe the characters don’t have any clue about the theme, but you could show some of the government people talking about justice and such.
-
Kate Flournoy and
R. J. Wordsmith are now friends 9 years, 7 months ago -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Unfortunately, it was not the musical. But it was still quite fantastic.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Thanks so much guys @Hope @Audrey-Caylin @Kayla-Joy!
@R-J-Wordsmith sure thing. How about… pencils? *eyes twinkle*
-
Gracie replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument Ah! Linguini! That was his name. I remember now. Yes, one of Pixar’s best for sure.
Hmmm… Oooh! *giggles* Okay, this is either going to be insanely easy or impossible, I’m not sure which. Here’s mine:
“Life forms! You tiny little life forms! You precious little life forms! Where are you?”
-
Gracie replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@His-instrument Ooh-ooh! Pick me, pick me!!! Ratatouille!!! It’s when What’s-his-Name the trash boy talks to Remmie while Remmie is in the jar! Oh, I love that movie. The ending is somehow so perfect. I think it’s bc they actually closed down the restaurant instead of accepting a rat as a cook like you might expect from a movie like that. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument Edward III claimed to be king of France and began the hundred year’s war in…1347.
Is that right?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument Well, if you got me started on them I bet I could remember the rest.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
A topic on Les Miserables!!! *glares at @emma-flournoy,* why didn’t you call me over here sooner. JK, (but seriously) 😉
First of all, I read this book probably about a year ago, but lately I have lived and breathed Les Miserables. (Pretty much literally.) (The character of Cosette is now in my bloodstream.) After just rolling off of four…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument. Oh, you did classical conversations? That’s neat. I was in it from 8-17.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy *GASP!* You can’t be a true Les Mis fan if you haven’t read about the sewers!
Yeah. Sure. Whatever. It’s still one of my favorites, so I can forgive you. Actually, you’re totally and 100% right, I’m just righter.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Ha! Aaaand she already posted. 😀 I leave you in the hands of a dedicated fan, @His-Instrument. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@His-Instrument Oh look! A Les Mis RANT THREAD! :’D
@EMMA-FLOURNOY GET OVER HERE NOW.
*ahem* Love this topic. I could probably write a book about everything Les Mis did amazingly… you covered a lot of it. I’d also like to point out what a great job Hugo did of recycling characters— bringing them in again in all the most unexpected places…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument Why rewrite the musical. It’s great the way it is.
Er, yeah, let’s see. I’d pretty much agree. I do think Hugo should have cut down on some of his fluff, but the vast majority of it was great. I have some slightly different personal opinions, such I don’t think I liked Eponine quite that much and Javert’s only in the top five or…[Read more]
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Dislocated shoulder question in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 7 months ago
From my research, it seems that slamming your shoulder into the wall is going to do worse damage, not make it better. I would suggest your character get help to put it back into place. If that’s not possible (as it was in mine), I suggest you do some research and find a single person method that has been tested to work and works…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument @dragon-snapper YES!!! It’s gotta be from the Emperor’s New Groove! Please, tell me it is, Dragon Snapper! I knew it sounded familiar! That is one of my favorite movies of all time. ❤️❤️❤️ It has a style of narration that’s very similar to one of my own stories.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Great! Catch you later
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Thanks, but I don’t really want the meaning of yearning, I want the feel it gives you. That emotional code imprinted on it.
@graciegirl Thanks. Btw, The Count of Monte Cristo is my all time favorite novel and A Tale of Two Cities is my second favorite.
The crocodile toe–I was just trying to sell one to Kate. …Though I don’t…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Yeah, I have them italicized where I wrote them, but copying and pasting it here apparently stripped it of its formatting.
- Load More
