@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@mark-kamibaya That’s good to hear.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 12: Foil Characters in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yeah, anyone can be a foil character.
-
Daeus replied to the topic New Books! in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Sure. Here’s the links:
Edwin Brook: http://www.thescratchingquill.com/edwin-brook-redirection-page/
Treachery Against The House Of Fairwin: http://www.thescratchingquill.com/treachery-against-the-house-of-fairwin-free-book-2/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Block in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 6 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Plotting may be one of your best helps. It will give you more confidence in writing and will take a lot of the thought work out of writing, which can be exhausting.
Also, if you have any distractions nearby while you’re writing, take those away.
Never edit while you’re writing. Always do it later.
Accountability can help.…[Read more]
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Writer's Block in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 6 months ago
Probably a mix of #1 (exhausted) and #3 (not satisfied with ideas). I also heard you have published your book! Congrats!
Thanks for the advice! I find it difficult to not obsess over how something should be written.
Thanks for the advice! Your profile pic looks cool too. 🙂
Jackson E.…[Read more]
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Writer's Block in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 6 months ago
Probably a mix of #1 (exhausted) and #3 (not satisfied with ideas). I also heard you have published your book! Congrats!
Thanks for the advice! I find it difficult to not obsess over how something should be written.
Jackson E. Graham
http://jacksonegraham.wixsite.com/jackson-e-graham -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ice cream and cheesecake all around! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
I would state that I don’t like cheesecake, but I have a feeling that would be quite dangerous around here and so I shall leave it unsaid.
*doesn’t say it* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ice cream and cheesecake all around! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
*throws confetti* So proud of you @Hope. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Block in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 6 months ago
@Warrioroftherealm *solemn face* This is very serious. Let me think…
Actually it’s a very real possibility that you’re taking yourself too seriously. One of the things that really slows me down with my work is obsessing over tiny, tiny things— like word choice, or the eighteenth layer of subtext. Or even sometimes spending an hour groaning…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Block in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 6 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Hmm. What type of writer’s block. Like, your brain feels dead and you want to collapse on the ground and gasp? Or do you feel restless and can’t stay in front of the computer? Or do you have great concentration but aren’t feeling satisfied with any ideas? Or something else?
-
Jackson Graham started the topic Writer's Block in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 6 months ago
@gretald, @bluejay, @writefury, @daeus, @hannah-olsen, @mark-kamibaya, @Sarah-H, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @dragon-snapper, @michael-stanton
I am suffering from major writer’s block. I’ll start in the morning and find that, at 3:00 I have 300 words (give or take). This has been happening for several days now, and I am getting stressed out.…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Ice cream and cheesecake all around! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Hope Woohooo!!! That’s awesome! Congrats!
And don’t mind if I do. *eats a delicate spoonful of ice cream* 😀 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
@I-J-Anderson here is a sketch of Erika I did myself a few days ago… between our two sketches, I think we got something pretty close to a good likeness there. 😉

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 17: Multiple Themes in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 6 months ago
@Aratrea okay! I did wonder, yes. 😀
That’s… wow. Figures I would be the one to come up with something that unnecessarily complicated. lol
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
WOW. GUYS. SO MUCH BUSY TALENT HERE. I’m impressed every time one of you posts something. Great job, everyone.
@I-J-Anderson Erika is mine, and YES, that is gorgeous; thank you so much! I love her hair. 😀
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@EvangelinaTroy_Rose Greetings! I am so sorry about Ian, I can barely begin to imagine how difficult a loss like that must’ve been. It’s wonderful though that you can be assured that he is in a better place. 🙂 *hugs*
Well, welcome to the forum! You zip-lined over the mountains of Costa Rica?! I’m dizzy just thinking about it! Zikers. *shakes…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
*hugs all of you* Seriously, I love seeing the budding artists in everyone. I wish I had more time for art, all I’ve been up recently is experimenting with pen and ink, and I’ve actually taken a break from people (with the exception of one mermaid) and have been sketching more nature-inspired things like mountains and stuff. Basically running with…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
*hugs all of you* Seriously, I love seeing the budding artists in everyone. I wish I had more time for art, all I’ve been up recently is experimenting with pen and ink, and I’ve actually taken a break from people (with the exception of one mermaid) and have been sketching more nature-inspired things like mountains and stuff. Basically running with…[Read more]
-
Gracie posted an update 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hey, I just want to let you know that I’ve been having some technical difficulties receiving notifications when you tag me. @ethryndal and I have the same problem. Whenever I tag her it usually doesn’t send her an email and she doesn’t see the tag unless she happens to check out the thread later. The same thing has just started…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
@I-J-Anderson Har, har, ‘no joy’. XD I had a minor freak out last night when I saw your instructions via Pinterest. I have a board for character inspiration and I have BOTH of those pins that are visible as well! I seriously thought, ‘What are Alijer and Keronias doing there?’ XD Writer minds think alike when it comes to character ideas…[Read more]
- Load More

@graciegirl Dang, it’s happening to you too? So weird. The good news is that your tags have started coming through more and more, so maybe that will happen with @dragon-snapper after a while.
@ethryndal Oh, good! There may be hope of this clearing up after all. Actually, @dragon-snapper your tags all came through late yesterday evening. I guess a few hours delay is better than them not showing up at all. 😀
It has slight delay for me too. Weird. @graciegril