@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@alia Ooh. Ok. Certainly.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 that is a GREAT midpoint. So right now what you’re looking for seems to be a first plot point— where Kara commits to action. What about Blake? Was he taken in the fight with the Catastrophes? Or did he use it as a distraction to infiltrate the prison and get caught or something? If that’s the case Matthias could have gotten…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic To blog or not to blog in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@theliterarycrusader @jenali @audrey-caylin Thank you guys so much for your input! This thread has really given me a lot to think about.
It sounds as if choosing a service (WordPress, Blogger, etc.) really comes down to how serious I am about the whole enterprise. So I need to take some time to figure that out. Thanks again!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 perhaps you should try mapping out Kara’s arc in detail and going from there?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose Signing off. Got one chapter edited and some grammatical stuff fixed. Thanks for writing. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose Great.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper @ethryndal @winter-rose @graciegirl @that_writer_girl_99 I’ll be writing for about a half an hour if anyone wants to join.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings, fellow scribblers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Aratrea lol
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
All right @That_Writer_Girl_99 read through the document, and left a comment in one place, but otherwise you did good. 😀 You’re handling Matthias with more subtlety. *thumbs up*
Have you figured out your plot problems? Any way I can help you?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings, fellow scribblers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@BethanySinkyRoses welcome aboard, new KeePer! 😀 Look forward to seeing you around.
(@aratrea I hope you know that profile picture makes you impossible to take seriously. XD)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 no, you’re doing and have done great. Just last I checked you were having problems with the plot, and that’s the one thing that really hangs me up when I struggle with that.
*cough* I suppose you can ignore that bit of advice then. 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 quick tip: look at your different character motivations. Each character is the hero of his or her own story. What are they aiming for? What is it they want? Kara’s not going to be the only one moving the plot. Each person’s life is an entire story. You chose to tell those stories through Kara’s eyes, but they’re still separate…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic To blog or not to blog in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Jane-Maree Ahh! Yes. I understand what you mean now. WordPress comments would be like @Ethryndal‘s or K. M. Weiland’s correct? I have noticed the replying to comments gets formatted in a weird-ish way. You mean with how long and narrow they get I assume?
-
Daeus replied to the topic To blog or not to blog in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl I’m coming back now because of @jane-maree‘s comment. Blogger seems to be a good option from what I hear, but I know there was someone on here a while ago who switched from Blogger to WordPress and was very happy they made the decision.
The two examples Jane showed were nice sites, but most Blogger sites I see don’t look as good as…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I promise I haven’t forgotten you. I’m really busy right now so I will get to this as soon as possible, but it may be a bit. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer-Girl_99 I promise I haven’t forgotten you. I’m really busy right now so I will get to this as soon as possible, but it may be a bit. 😉
-
Keleigha Liess and
Hannah Olsen are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@emma-flournoy No. @ethryndal drew it and I just applied effects.
-
Daeus replied to the topic To blog or not to blog in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl Yes, yes, and yes!
I’d definitely recommend WordPress. Lot’s of pros use WordPress and recommend it. I use WordPress and recommend it. Finally, one or two people on here have moved from something else to WordPress and been very happy that they did. I really don’t think there’s anything you can’t do on WordPress. It’s amazing.
-
Gracie started the topic To blog or not to blog in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Sup, y’all?
Yes, ’tis me yet again, and I am here for another dose of writerly wisdom. What can I say? You guys are too helpful for your own good.
As you probably guessed from my horribly clichéd thread title, I am currently in a debate with myself about whether or not it would be in my best interests to start a blog. I have mulled on it for…[Read more]
- Load More
