@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Northerner thanks for sharing your story. I started writing when I was thirteen, found KP when I was fourteen, and never looked back. That’s… WOW. O.o Is that four years ago? Yikes…
But yes. Anyway. KP is wonderful and amazing and fantastical and too good to be true and I would probably have quit writing by now if I’d never found them. Thank…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discord Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
-
Vanna replied to the topic Chapter Titles in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I’m not finished with my current WIP yet so I’m just sticking with numbers for now. But provided they’re not spoiling anything (such as mentioning a death or a betrayal) I like chapter titles. They can build anticipation and make it easier for me to find my place if I loose it or to reread a favorite section. I can just look for the title that…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discord Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Ah, that makes sense.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discord Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@cloudy This basically a video chat thing?
I don’t think I’ll be on it. I need to discipline myself. Video’s too addicting. I might drop in on rare occasions though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@emma-flournoy I don’t believe so.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Northerner We’re glad to have you. 🙂
Personally, I know I would never be where I am without KP.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Balancing Dialogue and Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *chokes* W-well, I guess… thank you?? 😛 *cough* I’m sorry… perhaps you can write one, eh? *winks**chuckles*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Balancing Dialogue and Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *chokes* W-well, I guess… thank you?? 😛 *cough* I’m sorry… perhaps you can write one, eh? *winks**chuckles*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy heh… *grins* I popped up unannounced in her google doc and opened the chat and said hi. 😀
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Jess Alrighty, see ya!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@jess I’m here! I have an email I have to get sent out today, so I will be working on that. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 go do your exam, deary. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 there’s a button at the top of the document with a word bubble on it, where it shows who’s logged in. Just click it. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 *hysterical laughter* It was too good of an opportunity to pass up.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy sneaky! XD I wasn’t ready yet…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 oooh— cool flashback! I love it. *grins* Good job.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Balancing Dialogue and Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Holly-Nelson-Gray yeah… what they said. 😉
This may be a somewhat random tangent of this topic, but I’ve found that a lot of times body language can be used to replace dialogue and automatically include more description. Instead of ‘Hey, why are you cleaning the fridge?’
‘Because it’s dirty and needs cleaning and I’m disgusted about it, that’s…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Balancing Dialogue and Description in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Holly-Nelson-Gray If you haven’t yet, check out our recently published articles on writing descriptions. I think once you have a full understanding of the potential of descriptions and dialogue, your brain will naturally sort out how to balance them.
Your problem probably isn’t so much that you have too much dialogue, but that you don’t have…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
See you guys around! @daeus @Dragon-Snapper
- Load More
